Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S owners prefer? (iOS / Android / Windows Phone)

Operating system of choice for Model S owners

• iOS

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Android

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

island

Fairfield County / NYC
Nov 15, 2014
CT
The Model S is even more amazing with the companion application from Tesla. Now what is your OS of choice to run the app?

I'm a big fan of tech and trying the latest and greatest when at all possible. iOS has been my preference since the original iPhone, although I love trying out other brand phones in between upgrades. Android stepped it's game up lately with Lolipop, and Windows Phone 8.1 has one of my favorite interfaces.

Let's hear what you guys run in your MS!

The Model S is even more amazing with the companion application from Tesla. Now what is your OS of choice to run the app?

I'm a big fan of tech and trying the latest and greatest when at all possible. iOS has been my preference since the original iPhone, although I love trying out other brand phones in between upgrades. Android stepped it's game up lately with Lolipop, and Windows Phone 8.1 has one of my favorite interfaces.

Let's hear what you guys run in your MS!

While the Windows Phone 8.1 app for Tesla is currently unavailable due to the bad support for Tesla for the 3rd party developer, it did have a few features not available on the other platforms. So I do hope that it comes back soon (I still have it running through the beta version).
The ability to schedule events (charging/pre-heating) for your car is something which was not available on other platforms.
Also, since this is a Universal app, it also runs on Windows 8.1 (tablets, larger screens), which makes access to the car a bit more widespread across different (Windows) devices. The Windows 8.1 app, currently also doesn't work due to the same reasons, but we are all confident that Tesla will start supporting it soon :)

Evidently we don't really need a poll . . . either that . . . or someone here isn't voting
:biggrin:

3134u9t.jpg

Last edited: