Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many vehicles beside your Model S do you have?

How many vehicles beside your Model S do you have?

• None (my only vehicles are Model S)

Votes: 53 21.1%

Votes: 85 33.9%

Votes: 51 20.3%

Votes: 28 11.2%

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 18 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

breser

AutoPilot Nostradamus
Aug 28, 2014
North Bend, WA
Recently there was an article (which will remain nameless and unlinked) that was critical of Tesla and said that the Model S was just a toy for people that already had 3-4 other vehicles. I don't think this is really true, so I figured I'd start a poll. If you have multiple Model S vehicles please don't count them.

Technically, I have 3 other vehicles. However, I never drive them; 2 vehicles are in other states for my children in college, 1 is in storage in another state, and my Tesla is for me.

I voted that my only vehicle is the Model S, but insurance statistics would list me otherwise.

Last edited:
The Model S is my daily driver and main family car.
My wife drives a BMW 116D.
I've got a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42 sitting in the garage, waiting for some deep mud.
There's the motorbike too. A Honda Integra 700 that I use exclusively as a commuter, but now that I have the S, I happen to enjoy being stuck in traffic jams...

When the Model S turns up around August...the only other car will be a Nissan Leaf, which my wife loves and is also a much more practical car for popping into the local city centre with our English car parking spaces! At the moment the Leaf is the main family and weekend car, because it feels like using a tractor when I jump into the Touran diesel for the motorway commute to my HQ.

I have two cars that are about as polar opposite of each other as possible ... when you get in the Tesla it basically turns itself on, and all I have to do is push a button to select forward or reverse, step on the accelerator, and glide silently away ... with no transmission or gears it's just continuous smooth, steady, quiet acceleration ... absolutley no drama at all ... in the Lambo, first you step in through those crazy doors, sit down, and then you flip up a little red cover on the center console to push a Start button ... it feels like you're arming a missile ... the V12, two feet behind your head, roars to life ... it idles a little fast for the first 10 or 15 seconds, then settles down to a dull roar ... you sit for a minute for it to warm up, then a flick on the paddle shifter, foot on the gas, and it takes off like a shot, engine screaming, each gear change snapping your head back violently ... absolutely ALL drama ... (oh, and I also have an old turbocharged PT Cruiser that's my "beater" for running errands)

I present to you: "Thunder" and "Lightning"

28s.JPG

3 other cars..

Lexus 250h for the wife (model X will replace)
Chevy volt as the kid commute car (replaced a gas guzzling minivan; kids commute is 37.2 miles r/t twice per day. The fuel savings alone paid for the car)
Honda Civic for the au pair

The interesting piece of data here that the poll isn't capturing is that even if my car wasn't a model S, I would still own 4 cars. I've got 3 drivers in the house, and I would still own the Honda Civic for the aupair's personal use to reduce my overall risk.

So perhaps we are asking the wrong question, or need to ask another.

Last edited: