Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've thought for a while that "Tesla Stores" might be best off as a sub-forum of "Tesla Motors". (Or would that be a sub-sub-forum?) whatever "Battery Discussion" is in Technical.

Paris and Milan are supposed to open in a few months. Those ought to be exciting flagship stores.

I gather the Tag Heuer Roadster will be part of the Paris opening Sept 28th to Oct. 4th.

Tesla Hires Apple, Gap Veteran to Revolutionize Car Buying Experience

PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tesla Motors (TSLA) today announced that it has hired former Apple and Gap executive George Blankenship as Vice President of Design and Store Development. Blankenship will build Tesla’s retail strategy and network.

“George has a record of building customer-focused stores that revolutionize their industries, and he does it on time and on budget,” said Tesla CEO Elon Musk. “Tesla will have the best retail experience in the auto industry as we continue to grow and prepare to launch the Model S.”

Turn Black Friday Green at Tesla Menlo Park

Got an email from Denisse at Tesla last night inviting us to the Menlo Park showroom to see the Model S, Nov 26-27, 10am to 5pm.

Turn Black Friday Green at Tesla Menlo Park
attachment.php?attachmentid=1112.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=1114.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=1113.jpg

retailwordmark_headergrey.jpg
display_data.jpg
display_data2.jpg

If you go and they've got the mysterious alpha build on display (not the red one we've seen a few times) or some other new variant, you so have to take lots of pictures. And immediately post them here of course :)

Cobos

the latest blog from Mr. Blankenship (Stop In. Go Electric. | Blog | Tesla Motors) states that they will definitely use the concept of separate service centers to broaden their support.

It makes a lot of sense. Zoning regulations in many cities don't allow automotive service shops in prime locations - the rules were written for dirty ICE cars.

So you split it. Put the retail store in a swanky prime downtown retail location. Put the service locations in some industrial park or auto mall in the 'burbs near a big highway, where rents are cheap, zoning isn't an issue, traffic isn't as congested, and customers can get to it easily.

It makes a lot of sense. Zoning regulations in many cities don't allow automotive service shops in prime locations - the rules were written for dirty ICE cars.

So you split it. Put the retail store in a swanky prime downtown retail location. Put the service locations in some industrial park or auto mall in the 'burbs near a big highway, where rents are cheap, zoning isn't an issue, traffic isn't as congested, and customers can get to it easily.

Am wondering, if this is how they will deal with the issue of places like Texas where they can't open a store there because it's owned by the manufacturer. At least they will be able to service them locally even if they can't sell them there ...

Am wondering, if this is how they will deal with the issue of places like Texas where they can't open a store there because it's owned by the manufacturer. At least they will be able to service them locally even if they can't sell them there ...
That's interesting. I wonder where the line is drawn (legally) between sales and service. For instance, certainly a service center (i.e. repair shop) can sell parts. Can they sell upgrades? Can a car sold via the internet or out-of-state Tesla store be delivered at a service location?

[N.B. Last several posts moved from here.]

Just out of curiosity, why are they still opening new stores in the US (e.g. Park Meadows) when that other thread is saying that they only have a handful of cars left to sell in the US? Shouldn't they wait until they are closer to the model S launch?

Keep selling Model S pre-order deposits even before production starts? (Although the existing wait list means that new 'customers' could be waiting quite a bit.) Also, I recall some mention about Tesla going out and buying used Roadsters then refurbing and reselling them. So maybe the stores will have a trickle of updated Roadsters to (re)sell ?

Also, I recall some mention about Tesla going out and buying used Roadsters then refurbing and reselling them. So maybe the stores will have a trickle of updated Roadsters to (re)sell ?

Dr Computer is postulating there is going to be a glut of Roadster mods coming. They have to keep the store busy between 12K incremental services.