Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AZ Tesla Club . . . and Now For Our Next Act

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Meet-Up between Phoenix enthusiasts and the great people from Tucson went incredibly well in Casa Grande with about 50 people and 25 cars, but now what's next. John P (huzz1970) will be suggesting a variety of trips and meet-ups soon, but I wanted to get some feedback on a variety of other potential options for connecting the Arizona Tesla Community. If other state and local clubs have found fun ways of connecting members, please weigh in!

* Progressive Dinner (one course at each of 5 houses) specific to region (Foothills in Tucson, North Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, etc.)
WebE.jpg
WebF.jpg

* Vehicle Education - perhaps at the Scottsdale Service Center
WebSS.jpg

* An Afternoon Meeting on EV Political Action at someone’s home
WebG.jpg

* A Group Discussion of After-Market Accessories (spare tire, console, chargers, etc.)
WebT.jpg

* An Afternoon at McCormick Railroad Park with the Kids
Web5.jpeg

* Book Study - current favorite “My Tesla: A Love Story of a Mouse and Her Car”
WebX.jpg

* A Scuba Trip to Costa Rica or Somewhere (yeah, I know we can't take our cars)
WebSC.jpg

* A Weekend Ski Trip to Flagstaff (we CAN take our cars - SpC in Flagstaff!)
WebC.jpg

* A Meeting to Plan More Meetings?
WebA.jpg

LET US HEAR FROM YOU! Don't hesitate to PM me if you'd rather not post.

Last edited:
Excellent suggestions. Can't wait to see the other list. Perhaps a Vegas trip.
This Sunday, the San Diego Tesla group is having a talk with the Service Ctr Mgr along with a question and answer period and a tour of the facility. Seems this is inline with what one other group is doing. I know the N Cal group goes on driving trips from San Jose to SF, so a trip to Grand Canyon or Sedona would be nice.

I'm enjoying these group get-togethers. Everyone's great!

Thanks again to the Casa Grande organizers.

I would like to suggest a visit to Wickenburg's Desert Caballeros Western Museum, to include a luncheon/meeting. W'burg is an easy run from even the easternmost stretches of the Valley of the Sun, Prescott/Sedona or, with Casa Grande & Buckeye, all the Tucson area.

For those who are not familiar with it, the museum houses an astonishingly fine collection of art from Bierstadt, Catlin, Remington and Russell, through contemporary artists, all bound by the common theme of art of the American West. The included wireless commentaries are engaging and insightful. Its history exhibits are much more focused on the Hassayampa River valley and Wickenburg in particular, but their dioramas and full-sized 19th c. store displays are superb for those whose eyes tend to glaze over yet another picture. We also could get a guided tour, given only a bit of foreknowledge. Its website: http://www.westernmuseum.org

The museum is barely a stroll from Wickenburg's Superchargers as are the two restaurants I have in mind to host a group of 40-60; possibly more.

If we could include this as a possibility for upcoming meetings, I would be more than happy to do the footwork necessary here to put this together. The only constraints for me is that it would have to be NOT on the weekends of Feb 14-15 (too close and, more so, that's Wickenburg's Gold Rush Days. FAR too crowded); Feb 27-28; Mar 21-22; Mar 28-29;or any time from April 18th on....until next October.

Last edited:
In the interest of moving this along, I'd like to suggest a road trip to Wickenburg on Saturday, March 7th. Does this date work? Who wants to do it? Thanks to Audie for the suggestion. Let us know if you want any support with organization or if you want an email blast to the 65 members for whom we have email addresses.

My wife and I would like to host one segment of a Progressive Dinner for 5 couples/individuals in North Scottsdale in April. Let me know if you're interested. Our home is at 94th near Bell Road. Any takers? Post or PM me please. Mark & Lu

I'll get on this by having some short discussions with the museum and nailing down which restaurant. BUT: we'll need to get 2 or 3 items on the agenda for finalizing what kind of meeting to have; ie, what should be the focus of the meeting. Don't leave it to me....I'd spend the whole time bending everyones' ears as to why Tesla ought to be building a light truck to compete agains the F-150/250/350s and such.... ;)

As for the restaurants: both Anita's Cocina and Nana's Sandwich Saloon are equally convenient from the Superchargers and large enough to hold our group.

Anita's is the largest, but has a famous "No Reservations" policy. Regardless, I am fairly confident we could persuade them to cordon off one of their rooms for a group. Its website: Anitas Cocina - Wickenburg, Az - 928-684-5777

Nana's just changed hands this week, but the new owner has kept all employees and vows to keep the menu unchanged. Its website: Nanas Sandwich Saloon | Nanas Sandwich Saloon Its current menu: http://nanassandwichsaloon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/menu0001.pdf

You don't have to bend my ear too much! I would be ecstatic if Tesla came out with a Full Size Cargo Van or Truck.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to bend my ear too much! I would be ecstatic if Tesla came out with a full size Cargo Van or Truck

I'll get on this by having some short discussions with the museum and nailing down which restaurant. BUT: we'll need to get 2 or 3 items on the agenda for finalizing what kind of meeting to have; ie, what should be the focus of the meeting. Don't leave it to me....I'd spend the whole time bending everyones' ears as to why Tesla ought to be building a light truck to compete agains the F-150/250/350s and such.... ;)

As for the restaurants: both Anita's Cocina and Nana's Sandwich Saloon are equally convenient from the Superchargers and large enough to hold our group.

Anita's is the largest, but has a famous "No Reservations" policy. Regardless, I am fairly confident we could persuade them to cordon off one of their rooms for a group. Its website: Anitas Cocina - Wickenburg, Az - 928-684-5777

Nana's just changed hands this week, but the new owner has kept all employees and vows to keep the menu unchanged. Its website: Nanas Sandwich Saloon | Nanas Sandwich Saloon Its current menu: http://nanassandwichsaloon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/menu0001.pdf

Two Tesla couples in North Scottsdale are planning a Progressive Dinner Party for up to five couples. If you live in North Scottsdale and are interested in hosting one part of the dinner, please let us know via PM. We are aiming at Sunday, April 26 from 6-9:30pm. You would be responsible for hosting either appetizers, the entree, or dessert/coffee. Please join us!

ProDinner.gif