Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

First of all hello, fantastic forum, been lurking for a while!

Anyone who has leased a model S in the UK - Did you use lease plan go? Did you consider going to anyone else/find anyone else more competitive?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron

Lex Leasing working out quite a bit cheaper than the others for me - I have a business lease with 15k miles pa over a long 5 years (hey its going to get better with time!)

Email Dawn on Dawn.Cook at lexautolease.co.uk (change at to @!) - she knows all about the Tesla and options now!

Roy

Wow thank you all for the quick replies.

Ill try lex leasing and alphera tomorrow.

lease plan seem quite reasonable and may be hard to beat, p85d base price is £699/month on 6+23 with 10k miles.

ive tried a few other companies whom I've used for other vehicles in the past but they won't even quote for the tesla!

- - - Updated - - -

Alphera seem to be private only (I'm leasing via my ltd company due to the BIK). I've dropped Lex Leasing an email :)

Wow thank you all for the quick replies.

Ill try lex leasing and alphera tomorrow.

lease plan seem quite reasonable and may be hard to beat, p85d base price is £699/month on 6+23 with 10k miles.

ive tried a few other companies whom I've used for other vehicles in the past but they won't even quote for the tesla!

- - - Updated - - -

Alphera seem to be private only (I'm leasing via my ltd company due to the BIK). I've dropped Lex Leasing an email :)

£699 :eek:

I'm guessing that's non-maintained business contract hire? Still an absolutely cracking deal!

Yup non-maintained (maintained isn't worth it for me due to <10k miles) and business (so excluding VAT).

It's a good price, it does nearly double by the time I've added the extras on though!!

The base prices often look good but when you add options it rapidly spirals up, because they generally expect the options to depreciate away to nothing while you have the car, so you basically have to buy them over the lease term. At the opposite end of the scale I PCPed a Renault Zoe in December. Adding metallic paint to it increased the monthly payment by 15%!

I didn't finance the Model S in the end but I got quotes from Leaseplan on a contract hire basis and was really impressed to see that they itemised everything - you could see how much metallic paint was costing per month, or the second charger, or the leather seats etc. About £100 per month extra just for having turbine alloys was pretty sobering!