Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperBowl- WOW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you can say "incredibly stupid play call." Run it, and you likely win. Throw it and risk an interception and lose. So they throw it. I agree with the WOW! I still can't believe that call. It makes absolutely no sense the way they had been running the ball.

Congratulations Patriots!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Agreed about the call. Half a yard begs for a run play. I think the Patriots deserved to win though. Happy for San Mateo's Brady and Redwood City's Edelman!! (Had to get the Bay Area angle in ;))

While everybody says that Seattle should have run the ball, there were two factors:

1) Interesting tidbit from ESPN Statistics:
"Marshawn Lynch had 5 previous runs from the 1 this season and had scored only one touchdown." (So much for unstoppable.)
2) Seattle had 1 time-out remaining, under a minute to play and 3 downs to go.
(A time-out taken earlier in the half to avoid a delay of game cost them.)

Had Bellichick called a time-out, Seattle would have been able to run the ball 3 times and would have given Seattle more planning time. Allowing the clock to run down was an excellent decision irrespective of outcome.

I agree that they should have run the ball on 2nd down, but had Lynch been stopped, they'd have passed on 3rd down to win or stop the clock on the 4th down. Passing on 2nd down risked the interception, but also would have stopped the clock to give Seattle comfortable time on the 3rd and 4th down.

Great interception by Butler, who'd made a number of good plays and who in reality broke up that Kearse catch: the covering player could have finished off the play, or even intercepted had he dived for the ball, but instead he hurdled the receiver. Butler also stayed alert enough to make the tackle after Kearse completed the reception. Had Butler acted like the safety and assumed that the play was over Kearse would have scored a touchdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly the running play was dumb but they gave up 2 touchdowns in the 4th qtr. Championship teams don't do that.

And this. The Seahawks scored 0 points in the 4th quarter. Usually the Seahawks finish games pretty well as their defense wears out the offense, and their running game wears down the defense, but the Patriots' figured out a short passing game that worked, dominated possession earlier in the game and it was the Seahawks defense that wore out: in particular their pass rush became much less effective.

I was amazed to learn that the Seahawk's kicker, Steven Hauschka is from Needham MA and went to Middlebury College. Middlebury, really?!?!? Not usual recruiting territory for the NFL.
There's also been a few Ivy League players in the NFL, too. Russell Wilson's father and 3 uncles went to Dartmouth; his dad played in the NFL briefly. My brother was a classmate of Jay Fiedler at Dartmouth, who played QB for a bunch of years in the NFL, most notably 5 years at Miami.
Harvard has 5 alumni playing in the NFL, including the Texan's QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick.

First and foremost I wish Tesla had a car ad just to show what a real car is and can do. Best safety, best awd, fastest sedan, best features, company paid charging for free and for life, and just super COOL.

Seattle blew the game and gave it to the Pats. That being said. I thought the Pats had the better defense. If I had my wish the Packers would have been facing the Pats.

First and foremost I wish Tesla had a car ad just to show what a real car is and can do. Best safety, best awd, fastest sedan, best features, company paid charging for free and for life, and just super COOL.

I think Katy Perry should have rolled in in a Model S and then been lifted out in a Model S with fireworks coming out of the....oh, wait, that wouldn't work.

I don't like either team, so I was hoping they'd both lose. :mad:

Seattle blew the game and gave it to the Pats. That being said. I thought the Pats had the better defense. If I had my wish the Packers would have been facing the Pats.

(Blew the game after being given a chance by a juggling catch on the ground after Duron Harmon, the Patriots safety, decided to hurdle instead of diving for or kicking the ball.)

Besides, given Lynch's 1 for 5 record from the 1 yard line during the season, and Seattle only having enough time for 2 rushing attempts, the probability of Lynch scoring a touchdown would have been 36%.

But, if you did say that Seattle blew it, it did indeed complete the shoulda chain. Detroit should have beaten Dallas, Dallas should have beaten the Packers, Packers should have beaten Seattle and Seattle should have beaten the Patriots. It's all a big fix, I say.

I'd agree with you about the Packers if Aaron Rodgers weren't injured. He was, so I was glad Seattle made it. (I'm actually a Cowboys fan, and wish they'd have made it, but frankly I think that the Patriots would have ripped their defense apart).