Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1.5 to 2.5 nose conversion info needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a short time Tesla offered to convert early Roadster fronts/noses to the 2.5 nose look, but do not offer the conversion now.

Has any one attempted a private conversion or have any details of what parts have to be changed (other than the bumper skin)?

Are any of the other required parts available from Tesla?

Any hints or traps?

For a short time Tesla offered to convert early Roadster fronts/noses to the 2.5 nose look, but do not offer the conversion now.

Has any one attempted a private conversion or have any details of what parts have to be changed (other than the bumper skin)?

Are any of the other required parts available from Tesla?

Any hints or traps?
Here's my nickel's worth of free advice...
I have a 2.0.
I REALLY like the look of the 2.5 and have thought about upgrading but...
I have bumped my share of curbs, steep inclines, and parking bumpers (the yellow thingies in front of parking spots - whatever they are called.)
The ugly, plastic front lip has some scratches underneath, but that's it. I know it must have folded or bent several times but it still looks great from a distance.
I don't think the full carbon front would be as forgiving.
Also, there is the argument that maintaining the "stock" appearance will maintain value - Not sure if I buy that one, but I have heard it said.

Last edited:
Sorry, couldn't find the email. Must have been written down on a piece of paper or something.
Thanks for looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my nickel's worth of free advice...
I have bumped my share of curbs, steep inclines, and parking bumpers (the yellow thingies in front of parking spots - whatever they are called.)
The ugly, plastic front lip has some scratches underneath, but that's it. I know it must have folded or bent several times but it still looks great from a distance.
I don't think the full carbon front would be as forgiving.
Also, there is the argument that maintaining the "stock" appearance will maintain value - Not sure if I buy that one, but I have heard it said.

Thanks for your input.

If I make the conversion, I will keep the old parts in case of a desire to reconvert.

... And I heard trunk lid on 2.0 and 2.5 as well.

All versions have CF trunk lids. What you heard about was the trunk tub which changed to light plastic on the 2.0 and 2.5s.

If only we knew what it will consist of...

It may not involve any changes to the front and rear bumpers. It could just be modified front and rear spoilers and/or some underbody pieces.

I agree and would add mirrors or mirror mounts will be changed somehow.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but is there any information about successfully updating a 1.5 or 2.0 roadster to the 2.5 front and rear bumpers?

According to a friend who was in a wreck, it was about $1,100 total - to get a 2.5 bumper (which they had dozens in stock), and to have it painted to match the car.

I too am curious about more info regarding this, as I’m thinking of adding the 2.5 rear diffuser to my 2.0. Always loved the look.

The front bumper also requires the grill, emblem, and the two side panels in the front of the wheel well. Also the front aluminum underbody panel is different, but can be modified. So add several hundred more. The new bumpers need a lot of body work before they can be painted-they come in rough shape.

• Informative
Reactions: DeedWest