Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Songs for Model S ad...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought of a fun topic:

Kia has a catchy rap song playing, with hamsters doing a lip-sync, and Cadillac has "Lovesick" by Lindstrøm and Christabelle, and other car commercials have songs dubbed in their ads.

What song or songs would be good to play for a Model S TV commercial? It could be current pop song or a retro, "Golden Oldie". For instance, "Electric Avenue" by Men At Work might be catchy.

I say they go back to Massive Attack.

They used this for the Model S Menlo Park party.

Perhaps they could use this or this.

Either Teardrop or Angel would make for a great car ad. Although I am not sure Tesla should go with the darker themed sort of car ads, which I feel like a Massive Attack song would lend itself to. The Model S would look great in silver driving over a black background, however.

Either Teardrop or Angel would make for a great car ad. Although I am not sure Tesla should go with the darker themed sort of car ads, which I feel like a Massive Attack song would lend itself to. The Model S would look great in silver driving over a black background, however.
I wouldn't use Teardrop again for a TV ad since it's easily identified as the theme to House. I suggested Angel or Paradise Circus but just noticed that Lincoln already beat them to it with the latter one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Tesla license some parts of Electric Car from They Might Be Giants for a Model S ad. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPU5mKipNo

Plug in America asked to use that song as the Apple Mac vs PC-like background music for their PSAs. The music composer did a fantastic version that sounded and felt just like the MAC/PC ads but was the Electric Car song. It was exactly perfect.
Even with an in with TMBG the record company squashed it saying they were in talks with someone who wanted to buy it for ads. The composer wrote a nice custom piece but it was just not the same. That was over a year ago and still no song in someone's ads. Sigh.

Last edited:
I thought this was a pretty good suggestion:
Heard this song and I found it on youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gn-yCObxZ0

Not really the greatest song ever, but it has a catchy sound and the word electric in the lyrics...

It's a relatively new group and they really need to work on their video as well.

I'm going to pitch in with Nero - "My Eyes".

Simultaneously futuristic yet retro, beautiful and energetic, I think the song is perfect for Model S. The lyric "My eyes / follow you around the room" seems appropriate for the car.

When the main part of the track kicks in at 40 seconds, I can just see it fitting the leaked Model S driving vid.

I would love to see Tesla license some parts ofElectric Car from They Might Be Giants for a Model S ad. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPU5mKipNo

LOL! You beat me by 4 years! I just posted this same idea (4 years later) in "Off topic", and was reprimanded by the moderator - he pointed me to your post! But great minds think along the same lines! (well, not mine - four years late - but you had a great idea!!)