Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No regen after tire replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just replaced my rear tires (for the umpteenth time) and had a new experience: I replaced the Michelins (a little larger diameter than stock) with the stock AD08's. As I left the tire shop, I lost all regen and had a warning on the dash. It went away shortly after and regen started working again. When I had a chance, I found a stretch of road and retrained the car for the new tires and everything seems to be fine.
It was just a major shock to coast when expecting to brake in heavy traffic.

Did you use the Learn Tire function? That should resolve it.

I did (this isn't my first rodeo) but this happened as I was pulling out of the tire shop (didn't have enough time or distance to even think about the learning function.) I only lost regen for 5-10 seconds, but I'd never experienced it after a tire replacement before. As was mentioned earlier, it's always a freaky feeling after a range charge, but I've learned to expect that and plan for it. Pulling into a Florida suicide lane is nerve wracking enough (especially with all of the snow birds down for the winter) I wasn't expecting to need to apply as much brake as I had to.