Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla Be Able to Maintain High Level of Customer Service in Mass Market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard almost universally good things about Tesla's customer service when it comes to diagnosing and repairing the cars. While this one-on-one VIP approach works well for what's essentially a low-volume, luxury item, I have to wonder how much that will by necessity have to change once Tesla becomes more of a mass-market brand?

Will it still offer the on-site pickup/dropoff for service? IF (an assumption in itself) Tesla ever goes the franchised dealer model, will customer service be monitored to ensure a consistently high level?

Just looking ahead, I'm thinking OTA diagnosis will become much more widespread, and if the car doesn't require a mechanical repair, this is how a lot of troubleshooting will be handled going forward.

Will the VIP service plans be sold a la carte as an up-front add-on (say $3,500 for life of vehicle/warranty period/original owner) or be included as standard? Any thoughts or observations are welcomed.

I've been thinking about this too. I don't think they will be able to afford to offer the service level they offer now on the Model 3. Perhaps they will stratify service based on the level of the car. Model S/X owners get more than others. I like your idea about a prepaid plan for the Model 3. Not so much for the big boys. Aside from the fantastic product they offer, the service really is what sets them apart from every maker that I know of. So I would hate to see that go away. Of course, in order to get any product adoption at this early stage, they absolutely must offer the service they are doing now. Otherwise the product would have fizzled. Can you imagine a battery failure in the middle of nowhere, calling service and basically getting the standard F-U that we get from most makers, like "well bring it in and we'll take a look"?

I had one failure of my air suspension, leaving her undrivable, and they were incredible. Not only did they flat bed my girl out for free, of course, but I said I want to only work with a specific towing company, and they said fine and STILL paid for it. Unbelievable.

Keep it up Tesla!