Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Semi-Confirmed owners list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add Me to the List: my number is in low 400s.

Add Me to the List: Steve Stevens - AT&T Bell Telephone Laboratories (Retired) .
In Retirement, I Own and Manage "Golden Oldy Cyclery" (www.goldenoldy.org) which is "The Sustainable Museum of Sustainable Transportation" being Carbon Neutral and focusing on Victorian Bicycles :wink: and Efficient Automobiles :smile:.
My museum is located in Beautiful Golden Colorado - Home of many Energy Icons:
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory, The Colorado School of Mines (Big R&D Efforts in Renewability and Top Ranked University - The MIT of the West).
In retirement, my mission is Sustainability. I try to teach it's principles in fun ways.
Bicycles are the Most Sustainable Transportation in the World. I ride them when ever possible for Transportation and have ridden across the USA 2 times and across Europe many different directions, as well as around ASIA, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, and Mexico. I hold the Guinness Record in crossing the USA on a High Wheel (Penny Farthing) bicycle. In displaying bikes in my museum, I focus on the Pre 1900 period ... for the color and excitement which it exhibited.
The Museum is daylit and is powered by 7040 Watts of PV panels which has surplus capacity to charge my TESLA. I will have a White Tesla with License Plate: "TESLA" which I do already have in my hand. My other cars are: 2007 Prius with a license plate: "Plug In" and a Geo Metro .... which is currently holding the TESLA plate until the Tesla Roadster arrives.
My Roadster is White with a 2 Tone Tan interior... for technical and looks reasons: Technical - White will not get as hot. This will save the need for AC for the occupants as well as for the batteries. Saving that will allow more miles per charge. Black will do the opposite. I have done a bit of car color research on heat build up living in Sunny Colorado.

Last edited:
Add Me to the List: my number is in low 400s.

Add Me to the List: Steve Stevens - AT&T Bell Telephone Laboratories (Retired) .
In Retirement, I Own and Manage "Golden Oldy Cyclery" (www.goldenoldy.org) which is "The Sustainable Museum of Sustainable Transportation" being Carbon Neutral and focusing on Victorian Bicycles :wink: and Efficient Automobiles :smile:.
My museum is located in Beautiful Golden Colorado - Home of many Energy Icons:
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory, The Colorado School of Mines (Big R&D Efforts in Renewability and Top Ranked University - The MIT of the West).
In retirement, my mission is Sustainability. I try to teach it's principles in fun ways.
Bicycles are the Most Sustainable Transportation in the World. I ride them when ever possible for Transportation and have ridden across the USA 2 times and across Europe many different directions, as well as around ASIA, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, and Mexico. I hold the Guinness Record in crossing the USA on a High Wheel (Penny Farthing) bicycle. In displaying bikes in my museum, I focus on the Pre 1900 period ... for the color and excitement which it exhibited.
The Museum is daylit and is powered by 7040 Watts of PV panels which has surplus capacity to charge my TESLA. I will have a White Tesla with License Plate: "TESLA" which I do already have in my hand. My other cars are: 2007 Prius with a license plate: "Plug In" and a Geo Metro .... which is currently holding the TESLA plate until the Tesla Roadster arrives.

Elon's Announcemnet here: Tesla Motors - think brought a few possible owners out of the woodwork.

MikeV wrote on December 21st, 2007 at 3:26 pm
Thanks for your words of encouraging enthusiasm.
A question: Since I would prefer to wait for the 2-speed final transmission, at what production sequence number would the 2-speed be fitted as normal production?
My build slot is #351.
Cheers,
Mike
Valentine One radar and laser detectors

And this one drove the car:

ThomasJ wrote on December 21st, 2007 at 6:21 pm
“The overarching Tesla Motors goal … is to do everything possible to increase the number of electric miles driven.”
Some were questioning why Tesla would have nice things to say about the Volt, when it should be regarded as a competitor to the future models, but I think this statement explains it well.
The future is electric, and Tesla boldly leads the way, with the old, slow-to-change established car companies struggling to keep up. Tesla will keep them moving forward with encouragement, (the carrot), competitive threat, (the stick), and by suppying or partnering to develop electric drivetrains, (the helping hand).
This is it, electric cars are back, and this time to stay. I’m very happy to be a part of this new electric wave.
By the way, I finally got to drive the Roadster last weekend, and for “vaporware”, it drove very well!

and this question sounds like an owner question:

<LI class=alt id=comment-29057 style="DISPLAY: block" ontopic="yes">steve wrote on December 21st, 2007 at 10:39 pm
any word on the satellite radio (in the Tesla Roadsters). it would be great if they stay “in”

VFX, I had already added Mr.Valentine a while back. He came on this forum using his amateur radio call sign and made some comments to the affect that he was an owner, so I had already added him before.

The Town Hall meeting was also for "owners to be", so you could probably add every name mentioned when they called on people for questions.

I have decided to stop adding names to this list. The main reason being that it is time consuming. Another reason is that the wait list is effectively "full", so I think there is less reason to try to drum up more interest right now. (Part of the reason I thought the list was useful was that it showed successful, intelligent people were lining up "in droves" to get the roadster).

Well TEG, it would be easier to find he owners already listed if the list was alphabetical :)

Have not had the time yet to sit down with the town hall meetings so yes that is a good idea to add owner’s names.

I never had any particular reason for compiling the first list of owners: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/tesla-roadster/345-unofficial-tesla-roadster-owners-page.html at the time it was just a way of gathering wanton data in a single place. You elegantly refined the list here.

More celebs, politicians and business players will soon find out about the car as it hits the streets and magazines.
I think if you are going to keep this one as a sticky then it should be continually updated since there is now a $5K waiting list for buyers reserving beyond the initial 600 cars.

Why a list? I suppose anyone researching Tesla would find this list useful for publication now and as a historic record of those who believed in EVs and had the vision and and cash to spend up to one hundrd thousand dollars in advance for a car they (had) never driven or (for some) seen..

I am going to "unsticky" this topic. If others want to add to it, feel free, but I think we are past the "early vocal adopters" and many of the later buyers probably prefer to be anonymous.

Add Reidar Langmo, one of the founders of REC, Norways solar cell adventure. He just sold out of the company last year a few months before REC lost several billion dollars in value at the stock exchange. He is said to have position 24.
Source: TU

Cobos

Last edited: