Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla testing somethng at Alameda NAS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
(As seen in a Model X thread):

Brandon Kiehne @brandon_kiehne I believe this is...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)
10932056_891014430951195_1528618967_n.jpg

Looks a bit like this:
How the Tesla Model 3 will look - according to the Internet
tesla-model-3-2-740x425.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to tell for sure of course, but there is a little fleck of white spanning where the front and rear door handles would be on a model X. While not to say that this could not still be the config on a model III, I still say it looks like a model X. With recycled alpha model S wheels :)

Hmmm, still has traditional rear view mirrors - no cameras

Also is that rear door cracked open?? Note the subtle break in the roof line.

(Picture was an accident - disregard)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,307
Last edited:
Hard to tell for sure of course, but there is a little fleck of white spanning where the front and rear door handles would be on a model X. While not to say that this could not still be the config on a model III, I still say it looks like a model X. With recycled alpha model S wheels :)

Yeah. It's hard to judge the scale at that distance. Also, it looks like the roofline is slightly raised over the rear doors, suggesting it might have Falcon Wings.

Don't forget that Model 3 is a"platform" that will spawn sedans/saloons, coupes, estates/wagons, CUVs etc. etc.. Who's to say what bodywork will go on top of the skateboard for tests.

The bodywork on top of the skateboard would be a big part of the cost of the car (i.e. cost will cary depending on the shape), so they can still spend time dialling that in once the skateboard is finalising (whose cost won't vary that much, apart from configuration).

If they need to test the skateboard, well, they need to put something on top, but that does't mean the first Model 3 car will look anything like that.

It looks Prius-like to me... not very sexy :\

Nice to see the X being put through it's paces. Was a bit worried when I saw the instagram pic with Model 3 caption - looked too much like the old Audi A2!

Audi__A2_Silver%20metallic.jpg

Wonder why they would go to all the effort of getting the car there just for a couple of donuts, when they have their own private test track at the factory. Almost seems like it was a planned photo op!

Last edited:
It's a Model X being tested. Nothing more.

Who knows where Model 3 development is at this point. Early last year Elon said they expected a clay model by mid-2014 and possibly a prototype by the end of the year. At the Detroit auto show he said they were mulling concept ideas. So I guess they're behind on it? In any case, they stated they'd show a prototype something next year. I'd hoped they be further along by now but Tesla has a real problem keeping their timescales. I know Model X was delayed because they were caught off guard by Model S demand and needed Panasonic to bump battery production to meet the current and future demand.