Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Web app] What does the option codes for your car mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

I made a little web app in HTML and JS (jQuery) that decodes the option codes for your car.

You can get your option codes on the "My Tesla" page by (1) right clicking on the "View Design" link and (2) selecting "Copy Link Address" (see attached picture).

Check it out!
Tesla Model S Options Decoder

I appreciate all feedback! (But please keep in mind I am not a professional web developer :wink: I'm sure it could be done much more sexy and smooth :))

Disclaimer: Tt's still in a beta and developing stage, without support for lots of languages. The options lists are not identical for all countries - I have only included the US, GB and NO versions at this time. It will work for others, but it might not show all the special options like adapters and stuff.

pdf-link.png

Attachments

• pdf-link.png
    pdf-link.png
    362.4 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:
Reactions: Brettski
Interesting.

I think IX00 is wrong, it currently says "White". But IX01 is listed as "Extended Nappa Leather Trim" Looks to me like that IX00 is "No Extended Nappa Leather Trim."

Wonder what BS00 and BS01 are, the descriptions don't help there.

RFBK should be listed as Black Roof
SC00 should listed as Supercharging Disabled or No Supercharging

- - - Updated - - -

You're also missing handling the paint codes properly. They end up like this:
COL?-????

Where the first question mark is 0-3 (which you have as signature/solid/metallic/multi-coat) and then the 4 digits after the question mark is the paint code for the actual colors. You can get the 4 digit color codes from here:
http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/model-s-touch-up-paint

Copied and pasted and bolded the codes below.

PN: 9000001-MR-A
PPMR MULTI-COAT RED
PN: 9000001-CW-A PBCW WHITE
PN: 9000001-SB-A PBSB BLACK
PN: 9000001-AB-A PMAB METALLIC BROWN
PN: 9000001-MB-A PMMB METALLIC BLUE
PN: 9000001-SG-A PMSG METALLIC GREEN
PN: 9000001-SS-A PMSS METALLIC SILVER
PN: 9000001-TG-A PMTG METALLIC GREY
PN: 9000001-SR-A PPSR SIGNATURE RED
PN: 9000001-SW-A PPSW MULTI-COAT PEARL WHITE

The metalic grey probably has another code, not sure if that's the old or new grey but I'm pretty sure people can help since I know that code also shows up in the door frame sticker.

There's probably also coding for custom colors, but you'd probably have to get some of the very few people that have those to help out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Another suggestion would be to list codes that you find in the link but that don't match one you know about as "Unknown" and we can probably start figuring them out and telling you.

- - - Updated - - -

FG00 and FG02 are Fog lights. They say exterior lighting package which might be misleading to people. Not sure if there's other lighting included with that.

Last edited:
Frosken, very nicely done. Much Thanks.
BTW, just saw a show called Booze Traveler on the Travel Channel (Jack Maxwell)
He visited the Netherlands and of course Amsterdam.
Sipped on many unique beverages there....
Had many a good time with my Dutch friends in your fine country.
Again, thanks for the effort on this.
I have saved the bookmark!
Best Wishes,
Art

Interesting.

I think IX00 is wrong, it currently says "White". But IX01 is listed as "Extended Nappa Leather Trim" Looks to me like that IX00 is "No Extended Nappa Leather Trim."

Wonder what BS00 and BS01 are, the descriptions don't help there.

RFBK should be listed as Black Roof
SC00 should listed as Supercharging Disabled or No Supercharging

- - - Updated - - -

You're also missing handling the paint codes properly. They end up like this:
COL?-????

Where the first question mark is 0-3 (which you have as signature/solid/metallic/multi-coat) and then the 4 digits after the question mark is the paint code for the actual colors. You can get the 4 digit color codes from here:
http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/model-s-touch-up-paint

Copied and pasted and bolded the codes below.

The metalic grey probably has another code, not sure if that's the old or new grey but I'm pretty sure people can help since I know that code also shows up in the door frame sticker.

There's probably also coding for custom colors, but you'd probably have to get some of the very few people that have those to help out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Another suggestion would be to list codes that you find in the link but that don't match one you know about as "Unknown" and we can probably start figuring them out and telling you.

- - - Updated - - -

FG00 and FG02 are Fog lights. They say exterior lighting package which might be misleading to people. Not sure if there's other lighting included with that.

Thank you for the feedback! I am aware the color is not parsed correctly and I plan fix it soon. Thank you for the data and suggestions though, good link with the touch-up paint.

All the codes and corresponding names are pulled straight from Tesla without interpretation or changes, so any inaccuracies are inherited from them :) Also I might want to make it more obvious that the names of the option codes are clickable and reveal a description if available (also pulled straight from Tesla).

Regarding the options you note:

IX00: Name is "White" for some reason, but the description is "No Extended Nappa Leather Trim"
BS00/01: I really wonder about those myself. YESBULL and NOBULL with a BS code? I'm happy my car has the no bs option :)
FG00/01: Yup, external light package = fog lights. Once again it's in the description and not self explanatory by name alone

Listing up non-matched codes is a great idea! I will definitely do that.

Frosken, very nicely done. Much Thanks.
BTW, just saw a show called Booze Traveler on the Travel Channel (Jack Maxwell)
He visited the Netherlands and of course Amsterdam.
Sipped on many unique beverages there....
Had many a good time with my Dutch friends in your fine country.
Again, thanks for the effort on this.
I have saved the bookmark!
Best Wishes,
Art

Thanks! Although I have to point out that Norway is not the same country as the Netherlands ;)

PMTG = Tiburon Grey (Original Grey)
PMNG = New Grey (Steel Grey)

Fun fact: the rest of the colors are acronyms based on their original California-themed paint color names.

PBCW = Catalina White
PBSB = Sierra Black
PMAB = Anza Brown
PMMB = Monterey Blue
PMSG = Sequoia Green
PMSS = San Simeon Silver
PPSW = Shasta Pearl White
PPMR = Muir Red
PPSR = Signature Red

Love this decoder, I was just in the process of manually trying to figure it out, but figured someone else probably already did, and sure enough, here it is!

Now I'm just worrying some more because some of the option codes listed on my inventory car don't line up with some of the text of the listing...
(FG00 but says I have fog lights, IX00 but I thought by the time this car was built that extended napa was bundled with premium interior lighting which I have...)

I also have a few options not listed in your decoder:
MS02
RENA
AD01
no idea what any of those are.

Sorry for the inactivity. I have updated the US options list now, will hopefully get to the UK and NO ones soon.

Just ran your Options Decoder against my P90DL config and it looks great. You seem to have done the upgrade which illustrates the newer options such
as the P90, Extended Range, Ludicrous Speed Upgrade. Thanks for your continuing efforts on this and your other web apps.

I was just playing with this and get just 6 options. I looked at the web address that I copied and it does show only 6 options. Nothing about batteries, motors, autopilot, dual motor, interior color, etc.

Just these: options=DRLH,FG02,PI00,COL2-PMNG,RFBC,TP02,WT19&bkba_opt=1

How are other people seeing the full list of options?

Yeah, I had the same problem. The 'copy link address' seems to not have many options for me, either. Perhaps eight? If you do the 'view spec', and copy that URL, it has 70+ options. That way I showed that my X order changed recently to including the new AP hardware (shown as APH3, what we're calling AP2.5).