Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plantation Meetup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys I am looking to put toghether an afternoon lunch/Brunch meetup on the 8th Feb for the Dade/Broward/Palm Beach owners (or anyone else thats wants to hang with the guys that go fast in a 1/4 mile)I was looking for suggestions on an area so I can scout paces to eat. Plantation seem central but I am open to suggestions.Any takers?

I'm in. Weather will likely be good. I went to a meeting last year on the outdoor porch at Bahama Breeze near the Sawgrass Mills Mall and it was nice. There's also a big parking lot to hang out in afterwards

Last edited:
Hi guys I am looking to put toghether an afternoon lunch/Brunch meetup on the 8th Feb for the Dade/Broward/Palm Beach owners (or anyone else thats wants to hang with the guys that go fast in a 1/4 mile)I was looking for suggestions on an area so I can scout paces to eat. Plantation seem central but I am open to suggestions.Any takers?

Steve,

If you recall we surveyed the Southeast Region membership on this subject. Here are some of the options suggested.

Prescheduled, recurring local meet-ups in Plantation

Larry

Sorry guys I forgot that Larry had put out a mass mailing regarding reoccurring local meet-ups and meeting places I had suggested,

That said IMO Bowcampers is a better choice than Duffy's in February as it has outside seating where we can all sit and talk but no reserved seating (the weather is ideal to be outside) as opposed to Duffy's which will offer us an indoor room, dark and depressing.......But let me not influence the group. :confused:

So hows Bowcampers just off Pine Island and Peters sound? :biggrin:

Say Feb 8th 1pm for lunch, then a group shopping spree at Bed Bath & Beyond with the wives :scared: (that way it keeps them interested in our meet-ups)

On the agenda we will be discussing:

Future meet-ups

Dans new Center Console

Steves Painted Calipers

Anyone else's latest enhancements

Stories from the Drag meet (And how once again Steve remains humble yet unbeaten) :tongue:

Whos getting the next D after test driving Joes and getting beaten by Steve at the drag races.
Continue to come up with good excuses for the wives at to why we need a $130K D (Because I want to beat that loud mouth St.......................) :cursing:

Let me know if this time and place works (I need a rough head count) if not; SawGrass Mall and Bahama Breeze or Duffy's? But I think parking on a Sunday afternoon will be tough at the mall

Based on your responses Larry can send a email invite to the FTE members.

And for anyone reading this thread and not a member or the FTE we need your support.
This is the last post on this site for FTE organized Plantation meetups, from now on all FTE organized Plantation Meetups will be on the FTE site.

Please reach out to Larry it will be worth it as we have some great ideas for 2015 in Road trips and get togethers that will be FTE only invite.

But it will cost you a whopping 12 bucks to join.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...b-sign-up-page?p=465875&viewfull=1#post465875

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Sorry guys I forgot that Larry had put out a mass mailing regarding reoccurring local meet-ups and meeting places I had suggested,

That said IMO Bowcampers is a better choice than Duffy's in February as it has outside seating where we can all sit and talk but no reserved seating (the weather is ideal to be outside) as opposed to Duffy's which will offer us an indoor room, dark and depressing.......But let me not influence the group. :confused:

So hows Bowcampers just off Pine Island and Peters sound? :biggrin:

Say Feb 8th 1pm for lunch, then a group shopping spree at Bed Bath & Beyond with the wives :scared: (that way it keeps them interested in our meet-ups)

On the agenda we will be discussing:

Future meet-ups

Dans new Center Console

Steves Painted Calipers

Anyone else's latest enhancements

Stories from the Drag meet (And how once again Steve remains humble yet unbeaten) :tongue:

Whos getting the next D after test driving Joes and getting beaten by Steve at the drag races.
Continue to come up with good excuses for the wives at to why we need a $130K D (Because I want to beat that loud mouth St.......................) :cursing:

Let me know if this time and place works (I need a rough head count) if not; SawGrass Mall and Bahama Breeze or Duffy's? But I think parking on a Sunday afternoon will be tough at the mall

Based on your responses Larry can send a email invite to the FTE members.

And for anyone reading this thread and not a member or the FTE we need your support.
This is the last post on this site for Plantation meetups, from now on all Plantation Meetups will be on the FTE site.

Please reach out to Larry it will be worth it as we have some great ideas for 2015 in Road trips and get togethers that will be FTE only invite.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...b-sign-up-page?p=465875&viewfull=1#post465875

Cheers
Steve

I'm still in. I may also post some of my own Plantation and area meet-ups in the future, open to members and non-members of FTE, as this is not an FTE-only message board (there is one, above).

The reason I was stating future Plantation meet-ups will be posted on the FTE site was not intended to alienate Tesla owners but to try to nudge people to part with 12 bucks and support the great work and effort Larry in putting in to the FTE.

I have corrected my Feb 8th invite to reflect your concerns sorry if I offended.

Last edited:
The reason I was stating future Plantation meet-ups will be posted on the FTE site was not intended to alienate Tesla owners but to try to nudge people to part with 12 bucks and support the great work and effort Larry in putting in to the FTE.

I have corrected my Feb 8th invite to reflect your concerns sorry if I offended.

No offense taken. Just being my usual pedant.

This is the last post on this site for FTE organized Plantation meetups, from now on all FTE organized Plantation Meetups will be on the FTE site.

Cheers
Steve

I'm still in. I may also post some of my own Plantation and area meet-ups in the future, open to members and non-members of FTE, as this is not an FTE-only message board (there is one, above).

No offense taken. Just being my usual pedant.

For those non-club members confused by this discussion, let me try to clarify.

It is our practice to communicate in private via email and evite invitations to our membership concerning upcoming events. In addition, we also post on this public Florida sub-forum to alert non-members of events open to them as well as club members. Obviously, we would like you to join our club by clicking on the link in my signature, but that is not required to join us at these types of meet-ups.

Some of our major events, in which we have negotiated group rates, etc., may not be open to non-members, but most of our events are.

If you have any questions or concerns about membership, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

Larry Chanin
President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

logo.png

Last edited:
Drag Racer YES (Did I mention I am unbeaten) Event Planner NO :confused:

I spoke with Larry yesterday and it was decided to send an Evite out to the FTE members regarding this meetup.

I incorrectly assumed that the majority of FTE members frequent the TMC forum and read all our posts (I mean what else is there to do on the web) as this is not the case the majority of them are not even be aware that we are meeting on the 8th .

So it was decided to send the Evite out to hopefully involve a wider group, that said they will need time to respond so we figured Feb 22nd was enough time for them to cancel any plans they may have and join us.

More so as this may increase the numbers of people attending. I may have to actually book space at hopefully Bokampers or Bahama Breeze or back to the Duffy's idea as Larry pointed out they had 40+ people turn up at the Georgia meet.

While it would be awesome to have a turn out of 20+ cars = 30++ bodies that many people turning up at a bar or restaurant would be problematic.

I want these events to be fun well organized, with my education regarding the number of FTE members that could possibly turn up, I had to re visit the "lets get together on Feb 8th".

I like you guys and was looking forward to the 8th (its always fun hanging out with the elite) and I want t keep it like that way, so again I am sorry for the time change but work with me in this one and the rest will be EPIC.

So to be clear the 8th is cancelled and we will be meeting on Feb 22 location TBA

Steve

(As a side note any ideas for future Trips, Meet-Ups, Track days, going to museums etc. are welcome. I also accept criticism in small doses )

Now I'm really confused. Are we now not meeting on the 8th? The evite I got says the 22nd.
Hi Kenny,

Sorry for any confusion.

As Steve mentioned only small number of our membership frequents TMC, so as I mentioned we usually first send out an email announcement or an evite letting our members know. Then we post on TMC in the public Florida sub-forum to notify local non-members. This time we got ahead of ourselves and posted on TMC before we had a chance to directly notify our membership and receive their RSVPs to get a head count.

To clarify a point made Steve in his previous posting, we did not have a Georgia meet-up. We had our first recurring Southwest Region meet-up with over 40 in attendance. Since the Southeast Region is about the same size as the Southwest Region, I cautioned that we have to make sure that the venue we select can handle a large group.

I want to thank Steve for taking the lead to kick-off this first recurring meet-up in the Southeast Region.

Larry

So to be clear the 8th is cancelled and we will be meeting on Feb 22 location TBA

One more clarification:

Our evite invitation has gone out for a meet-up on Sunday, February 22 at 1:00pm at Bokampers Sports Bar & Grill. This is firm. Bokampers has provisions for handling groups and we expect to have this first Southeast Region meet-up there. After the RSVP deadline Steve will give Bokampers the expected headcount.

So far we have received about a dozen "Yes" RSVPs and 8 "Maybes". Only in the unlikley event that our number of "Yeses" exceeds what Bokampers can handle would we seek out another location.

Larry

Last edited:
Bokampers will seat us together but not till 2pm so plan accordingly if you are just coming to eat.

Of course with 27 cars = 40+ covers I am sure we will be chatting for an hour making introductions begging for rides in the D's that are coming :love:

(I will also have name tags for you to fill out)

Steve

Bokampers will seat us together but not till 2pm so plan accordingly if you are just coming to eat.

Of course with 27 cars = 40+ covers I am sure we will be chatting for an hour making introductions begging for rides in the D's that are coming :love:

(I will also have name tags for you to fill out)

Steve

Steve,

You have the count wrong. There will be about 19 cars with a total of 27 in attendance.

Larry