Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S market - Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody! Looking at buying a used Model S, since i don't have the budget for a brand new P85D!!
i still have few month before pulling the trigger (don't have charging at my place yet), so using that time to follow autoscout postings.

Lately, I saw that one:
photo.PNG

It was the best deal online, and got sold. I don't know at what price though.
Any idea what's a fair price today for a S85 or P85?

hi max35111,

I have a bleu P85+ that I will be selling in mid April. since I will be getting my new ride at the end of April. now I have about 17000km on it and it was built in July 2013. 5+2 seating, pano roof, carbon dash, performance seats, upgraded stereo, tech pack, winter pack, 21" turbines and 19" regular for winter, actually at the time ALL the options plus have added folding mirrors which did not exist at the time.

have not put it out on autoscout yet but what I understand that price is at the lower end for a performance (they seem to be mostly pluses in CH) and they go up about 10 depending on age an milage...

hi max35111,

I have a bleu P85+ that I will be selling in mid April. since I will be getting my new ride at the end of April. now I have about 17000km on it and it was built in July 2013. 5+2 seating, pano roof, carbon dash, performance seats, upgraded stereo, tech pack, winter pack, 21" turbines and 19" regular for winter, actually at the time ALL the options plus have added folding mirrors which did not exist at the time.

have not put it out on autoscout yet but what I understand that price is at the lower end for a performance (they seem to be mostly pluses in CH) and they go up about 10 depending on age an milage...

Hi Felixtb,

that will be probably a bit early for me, as i will only have charging in September unfortunatly!
But never know if i can get things faster! let me know when you start to sell it. What's your price idea right now?

I will receive some S85D and P85D cars in Norway from late March-June that could be sold to Switzerland. If the currency rates stay as they are today, they can be sold for a good price. The warranty should apply, but from what I have seen from warranty agreement the car must be serviced in a EU/EEA-country.
European Economic Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These cars were intended as rental cars, an excempt of the 25 % VAT on car lease/rental was promised already in 2014 in Norway but it didn't happen yet :( If that doesn't change it is better to resell them since we already have 0 % VAT if purchasing/reselling electric cars.

We have a lot of tourist ships arriving here in Trondheim, Norway especially during the summer. My plan is to offer foreign tourist rides with Tesla Roadster/Model S P85D and drive them around so they can see the "electric car revolution" we are having here. Der Spiegel wrote about this some years ago already:
E-Mobil-Paradies Norwegen: Revolution am Trondheimfjord - SPIEGEL ONLINE

As far as Tesla warranty goes, there are two "coverage" options.
1. Tesla's that have been sold by Tesla in Switserland: Tesla warranty covers in Switzerland only.
2. Tesla's that have been sold elsewhere in Europe are covered in Europe. So it does not matter wether this is Norway, Germany, France, ...

I believe "Europe" in point 2 has to be interpreted as EEA. This excludes Switzerland. Switzerland is part of the EFTA but it is not part of the EEA.
So if you'd buy a non-Swiss (e.g. Norwegian) Tesla as a Swiss citizin, you would have to go outside Switzerland to service your car? Or put differently: don't buy a non-Swiss Tesla as Swiss citizin (unless you live close to the border) :)