Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Named Best Car Repair Shop by Consumer Reports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
"Our annual survey of Consumer Reports subscribers found that independents outscored dealership service once again for overall satisfaction, price, quality, courteousness of the staff, and work being completed when promised. With few exceptions, the entire list of independent shops got high marks on those factors. The same couldn’t be said for franchised new-car dealers.

The one automaker that outscored the independent shops was the electric carmaker Tesla, which earned high praise for its on-time repairs, courtesy, price, quality, and overall satisfaction."

Best Places to Get Your Car Repaired - Consumer Reports

Tesla communication problems rarely involve the service aspect, which was what was being measured by Consumers Report.

Agreed...service has always been focused on getting my car repaired. The communication issues they encounter come from sales not being properly trained or versed in the product which then creates the burden for Service. I've always received the best communication and accommodations from the LA Service team...not so much my sales rep when I had questions about the car. It seems the communication is always pawned off to the service locations.

I still can't believe that when my car has an issue someone from tesla actually shows up at my house, picks up the car while dropping off a loaner and drives the car to the service center! Madness. (Muchly appreciated madness)

I don't agree. Rockville md seems to be booked out 1.75 months. I have to ride with a bad tpms till. Mid March before they have an appt with a loaner available. My Mb dealer gets me in with a loaner in 2 days for warranty repair.