Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poorly insulated corner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Hello,

When I drive in cold weather or late at night my left hand always start to feel cold.
First I thought it was the window or something, but later I discovered that the cold air just comes in from that little triangle corner that I depicted in the attachment. Is somebody else experiencing this?
Because otherwise I know I just have to contact SeC.

Kind regards,

Frederik

Attachments

• IMG_4946.JPG
    IMG_4946.JPG
    704.8 KB · Views: 1,315
Had this after getting folding mirrors. Was fixed by tweaking the angle of the small triangle glass and adding more filling/packing material along the edge (as I was explained). Will be fixed under warranty.

The cars are very sensitive to fit on that window. You'll notice that since we have a frame-less door, the windows lower slightly when you open and then raise again when you close the door. This is to get a good seal. Then you'll realize that the little triangle window is stationary and can't benefit from this. Mine even leaks a tiny bit if I take it through a high-pressure wash.

Mine was taken in for a couple of things today... all minor, one being the wind noise (and cold air) from both sides. The fixed version is worse now :/

Going to call them tomorrow or the next day.

Do you know if they perhaps just tried to fix it without knowing there was a specific TSB, and thus may not have had the TSB parts, and that might be why it's worse now, or do you know for a fact that they did use the TSB parts? I ask because upthread someone else indicated that their service center also said they didn't have the TSB parts yet, and it would obviously be better for all of us, including you, if what didn't work was just some random attempted fix by the service department, as opposed to the actual TSB repair that made things worse.

Do you know if they perhaps just tried to fix it without knowing there was a specific TSB, and thus may not have had the TSB parts, and that might be why it's worse now, or do you know for a fact that they did use the TSB parts? I ask because upthread someone else indicated that their service center also said they didn't have the TSB parts yet, and it would obviously be better for all of us, including you, if what didn't work was just some random attempted fix by the service department, as opposed to the actual TSB repair that made things worse.

On my Service invoice it reads:

Corrections: Install LH And RH Front Fixed Glass Seals
Removed both front door panels and installed new fixed glass seals. Performed validationroad test.
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
FIXED GLASS SEAL RH (1046148-00-A) 1FIXED GLASS SEAL LH (1039364-00-A) 1

So I'm not sure if thats from the TSB but the 'new fixed glass seals' makes me think it may be.

I'll check the passenger side tomorrow and see what comes of the whole thing.