Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC not using Speed Assist setting for max speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 6.1...it seems that TACC doesn't work the way the Release Notes say....Notes say that when you pull the CC lever back, TACC will set the vehicle speed to the speed limit it found, plus any offset you may have set in Speed Assist settings....in fact, TACC just sets your speed to whatever speed you are going when you pull the lever, just like setting cruise Control used to do when you push the lever up or down (pull back used to just be "resume")

All this assuming that you aren't slowed down by a vehicle that TACC has locked onto, of course....

Is that what you all are finding?

If you pull and hold the CC level forward for a couple of seconds while CC is already engaged, it sets to the speed limit detected (plus/minus whatever offset you have set, if any). It doesn't automatically track the speed, however.

Tested this out a few minutes ago. If you pull forward/towards you and hold while cruise is not active it will set to your current speed. If you then pull it forward/towards and hold for ~2 seconds, it will set to whatever the detected speed limit is (plus your offset, if any).

Agree. The feature described in the notes assumes you are already in cruise control. The notes also make it clear that all other stalk behaviors are the same as before. It's all moot anyway as the next firmware or the one after will add automatic speed adjustment based on speed limits.

I'm still confused. Is there a setting to set the TACC so that it senses the road's speed limits and continually adjusts to it? I can't seem to make mine do that. If I pull the stalk towards me, it sets it to my current speed. If I push it away from me, it cancels TACC. If I pull it up - it accelerates, Down - decelerates.

What setting makes it follow the current speed limit? Is there one?

zzzzdoc - It will set your speed to the current speed limit+any Speed Assist offset you may have set, by holding the stalk in for ½ second AFTER it is already engaged as cruise control. But whenever the speed limit changes, you have to repeat this to reset it. This sets only the MAXIMUM speed, of course - TACC will keep you below that if you are following a car going slower.