Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Body Shop in the Bay Area with Tesla Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks - I was wondering if anyone of you knows a good paint body shop in the Bay Area who has experience with Tesla. I would like my side skirts to be painted to match the color of my car. But the body shops I get recommended to have almost no experience with our cars. If you have recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks,
Harold

Thanks mackgoo. That's the first thing I did and they referred me to the body shop where they send all of their customers to. I stopped by three times, emailed the owner to get a price quote but haven't heard anything. So while I wait for their response, I want to ask the community if they know someone. Atleast I'll have options.

Thanks,
Harold

In the East Bay it is Brooks Auto Body in Oakland, near the airport. They are the only Tesla Authorized Body Shop in the East Bay.

And all this time, I thought you didn't need a "Tesla Authorized Auto Body" shop. At least I never figured out why anyone might need authorization, so I used Arth and Sons in Oakland. Been there twice for some pretty serious body work once. They installed my trailer hitch and repaired my whack in my rear hatch / bumper (hole) / hatch opening for $1800. Oh, yeah, I have custom paint. Not Tesla Authorized Paint.

So Authorization costs a lot more, right?

They have always done really nice work (well, I liked it and can't tell).

<End Advertisement>

Let us know who you choose to go with and put up pictures. I've never seen the lower valences color matched
This is the finished look with color matched lower trim. It accentuates the lower body lines quite well.
SilverTeslaP101_2.png

SilverTeslaP101.png

Hello Folks - Reporting back.

Kofi from KonceptCars helped me with the paint body shop. I wasn't able to go to Chilton (they are super busy & couldn't get a hold of Mike, the owner) and I didn't have time to check out Brooks and Arth & Sons in the East Bay.

Anyway, below are the updated pictures. Looks pretty sweet and it looks lowered. I'm 50/50 on getting the lowering links because if I lower it more, I'm afraid the panels are going to get scratched. Next week, my car is getting a full wrap by Premier Mobile. I'm feeling ecstatic! Stay tuned. More pics to come...

Pardon the iPhone pics.
IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6383.JPG

The shop also repaired my rear bumper as it got hit while it was parked on the street the night before. :mad: Now I have a "park assist disabled" warning message. I already spoke to my SC and they said that they'll fix it for me.

Tesla now has a certified collision repair shop in San Francisco. Alioto's Garage. We offer wonderful services, rides to work, etc. Enterprise on site. And if your Tesla is towed to our shop, we'll tow it back to you and pick up your rental if that's more convenient. We're also here to answer any technical questions you may have. Just PM me. I thought this thread asking for shops in Bay Area with Tesla experiance would be good thread to reply to. Cheers!

Chris Alioto

ww.aliotosgarage.com

Hello everyone, I lbe the look, so much so I am doing it. I have a hoist so I'll try to take the car apart myself. I wonder if anyone here might have advice ( other than sending me to a shop) on how to remove the lower plastic trim from the rear bumper. I've removed the shield, however now I am stuck on pulling apart the chrome peice. To acheive the best result I want to remove the part off the car. If anyone here has instructions on how to remove all the black plastic trim. Please contAct me.

Hi, I own OCDetailing in Walnut Creek, and the only body shop I trust in the area is Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland. And lets just as the company name insinuates I'm the pickiest person when it comes to paint being being right. 90% of the time I can spot a repair from 15 feet away but I've never had any issues with work they do. They are Tesla certified as well.