Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 30 - Second Annual Wisconsin Dells Tesla Party!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All, Just wanted to give a EARLY heads up, the SECOND Annual Wisconsin Dells Tesla Get-Together will be held on the 30th of May this year. NOT the weekend of the Automotion Car Show. That was a nasty mistake last year and will not be repeating! Also, the Sandrift Resort ( Sandrift Resort - The Peach on the Beach in Wisconsin Dells, WI ) where we have the party, is currently empty for the weekend of the 30th, so for those who wish to stay the weekend, and experience more of the Dells, room is available!

It is too early for the specifics, but the train ride last year was a hit, so we will be doing a do-over of that. I will be seeing what other arrangements I can make for activities. Hopefully, it will be WARMER this year!!! HPWC is available on site, I can make charging arrangements for Roadster Owners for a 14-30 or 14-50, and the 6 stall Mauston Supercharger is located 20 Miles North of the Dells, and where we will most likely do the initial meet up, so everyone can start the day off with a full charge.

Keep a eye on this thread for updates! Mods, not sure if we can sticky this until the get-together?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just some updates. We are set for May 30th. I hope all that could attend last year will be able to come again, and now that we have a few thousand new owners in our area (instead of the mere hundreds of owners in the area last year) I hope more New owners will attend.

Accommodations: I will give fair warning, if you think you can attend, and are planning on staying a night or more, PLEASE contact Sandrift ASAP! It is a small place, only 15 rooms, so space will fill up fast. I think we had 3 over-nighters last year.

Current Schedule (Subject to change, we are still a ways off):
Morning Supercharger Meet up, at say, 10am in Mauston. Followed by a cruise south to the Dells and the Riverside & Great Northern Railway (Everyone seemed to like this ride last year!) at RIVERSIDE & GREAT NORTHERN RAILROAD
After the train ride, we can either go downtown Wi. Dells, and walk around for a hour, or head back to Sandrift for Food. I will have Burgers, Hot Dogs, Veggie Burgers for those few who preferred, fruit, soda, and some other tasty's. If weather is nice and warm (Hit or miss this time of the year, sometimes roasting, some times just a hair above freezing like last year...) we can do swimming at the beach, and some boat rides. Sandrift has available Rowboats, Paddle Boats, and Canoes for our use. We can also do some cruising on the Pontoon boat. Though, limited to 6 people at a time.
The bay that Sandrift is in, is very shallow, only 4 ft deep at its deepest, so lots of water fun can be had.
If desired, I can bring a screen and projector, and we can watch a movie, followed by camp fire and marshmallows. Plenty of parking, HPWC at 80 Amps, and I can make available charging for a Roadster if need be.

PLEASE!!! RSVP AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!! I WANT TO MAKE THIS BIG! Last year was the first year, and we had a better then expected turn out of about 25 people, especially with how few owners were in the area. Spread this around. Even if you dont own a Model S or Tesla, your still welcome with your Leaf or other low range EV (If you can make it to the dells, which you could drive conservatively) or your hybrid!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I will likely attend with our Roadster from Minnesota. I can make a HPWC to Roadster adaptor available to other roadsters who want to charge at 80 amps :)
That would be awesome! And much more convenient then the other 240v option..... I will give priority to Roadster drivers for charging off the HPWC, since all the Model S's could if need be charge at the Supercharger in Mauston. 30 minutes at the SC is enough to get you to Madison, Onalaska, or Eauclaire in warmer (above 50*F) weather.

Love to have ya come!

PARTY UPDATE! I screwed up.... I got the date wrong... Had calender flipped to the WRONG YEAR!!!! :( CORRECT DATE OF THE PARTY IS MAY 30th!!! NOT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!!!! I KNOW SHOOT ME! I SCREWED UP!!! Too much on my plate lately..... Quite honestly, I'm fairly burned out being a single father of two boys one disabled..... Brain sometimes gets a bit toasted, especially when I get waked by toys constantly....

Mods, Please update thread title to state MAY 30th!!! THANKS! And apparently, my first post with correct dates. Forum wont let me edit them any longer :(

Sounds good, glad this is picking up. EV Annex will be doing a email blast this week as well. We're going to skip the Pig Roast. I am not going to have Veggie burgers this year unless special request. If anyone wants veggie burgers or veggie dogs, please let me know in advance and I'd be happy to pick them up, but had a lot of wasted ones last year (Sorry, they arn't my cup o tea...).
Other then that, so far so good. Too bad party wasn't this weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect!