Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to main 6.1 update thread here on TMC the secret is to align all of the tyre valves to the 12 o'clock position..... ;-)

I am sure that a new moon, pointing the car towards mecca or getting a black cat to walk under a ladder might also assist?

The car needs to be parked facing Freemont I think. ;)

I'd better start calculating the exact bearing to align the car to....

Updated----

Just googled it - the initial heading from Sydney to Fremont California is 56.2 degrees so slightly east of North East.

I am stuffed then. Just checked the heading of the car and it is almost exactly at 90 degrees to that! Maybe I need to park the car in the garage sideways.....

Last edited:
Amazingly, mine has almost exactly the heading ENE!! Whoopee!! Since I am no longer at the marina, is tonight the big night? Rubbed my navel as well as spoke Afrikaans asking Elon for the GIFT of 6.1! Actually my valves were almost exactly at 12 position after I installed the Alloygators on Friday. So, they should still be in that position. All in all, the signs should all be there.
It is going to dispel a whole bunch of myths if I now don't get it. After all, the release notes were in my Tesla on the 19 th already, so a lot more than the two days also noted in other threads.
Incidentally the first one or two known 6.1 are both P85+ cars. Does that make a difference, I wonder?

Did not receive. So, all the omens above failed! I guess I will have to wait ( impatiently), although why, is a mystery. There are not that many cars in Australia that all of us could not be upgraded in one fell swoop. Maybe they are awaiting feedback of any issues before fully rolling it out...

Did not receive. So, all the omens above failed! I guess I will have to wait ( impatiently), although why, is a mystery. There are not that many cars in Australia that all of us could not be upgraded in one fell swoop. Maybe they are awaiting feedback of any issues before fully rolling it out...

I feel for you David - first the car wait, now the 6.1 wait...you'd be getting very good at waiting!

Nah. Supposedly it is fully downloaded when you get the notification. You then just need to select a time when you do not plan to drive for at least 2 hours. Then it installs....
Maybe i have been whinging too much so they are punishing me???

- - - Updated - - -

I remember mine just wanted to be in park. Was in the underground carpark at Chatswood Chase when the prompt came up.
What time of day did it come in and how long ago?

Mine came though about 10am Saturday (11am NSW time). The car was on wi-fi but was pointing due-South at the time. (But it is a P85+, on the other hand I know of a P85+ located not far from mine that has the VIN just one before mine and it has not received the update - it is not on wi-fi though)