Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

protection for rims on 21" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the Alloygators to protect their rims on 21" wheels? They are only for sale from the UK, so wondered if anyone ahd any expereince with them before I buy them.
Thanks for your help.
Yarrl

Yes. They are wonderful. Just do it. You can even change the tires without disturbing them, unless you have really damaged one (which is much better than doing the corresponding damage to the wheel itself!).

Can I piggy-back on this thread and ask about the Wheel Locks?
Does anyone have them? Do you recommend them?

I just upraded to the 21 Turbine Charcoal Rims, and I get looks even more so than before. They are very appealing. But that makes me wonder if that make my car even MORE prone to being vandalized and/or burglarized.
I thought about buying the wheel locks since I wouldn't be too happy if someone where to steal even ONE of my $1200 /a pop wheels?
Any thoughts??

I was about to get them, but some people have had problems with them. Also Tesla SC no longer are supposed to put them on for you. One guy took them off and the rim was all messed up from dirt and residue being stuck behind them. They protected against rubbing against curbs though.

I was about to get them, but some people have had problems with them. Also Tesla SC no longer are supposed to put them on for you. One guy took them off and the rim was all messed up from dirt and residue being stuck behind them. They protected against rubbing against curbs though.
I used rimblades (also a thread here Red wheels (w/ photo)). They were really easy to install myself and feedback seems good. I haven't receivd my car yet so I've only put them on my inter wheels so far to try out.