Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1 - no tech package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice any other significant improvements?

"Significant" is subjective, but I know many have been thrilled to see shuffle added to the media player. Personally I'm pretty stoked that the energy graph now defaults to "Average" instead of "Instant".

The only other noticeable change IMHO is the visible buffering status on Slacker, the SOC% display option (vs Rated Miles), and another here-to-fore undocumented feature I noticed which is that the cell connectivity indicator will now show E instead of 3G when on EDGE. I haven't seen a G for GPRS yet, so I don't know if that's in there as well, but before it always just said 3G or nothing.

I do not have tech but did get a bunch of updates. The smart pre-conditioning works, not well - but it works ;) All you have to do is set a home and work.

In addition, I got the following updates:
- Media Improvements
- Charge Port Opening with Fob
- Consumption graph updates (Avg is default, remembers setting)
- Backup lines
- Calendar Updates
- Battery % Display
- Steering Wheel Controls
- Additional Improvements.

Really the only thing we didn't get was the Nav related stuff -- and the Auto-Pilot related stuff, but that applies to all pre-AP cars.

If you didn't already get it in the 6.0 release 2 point something update (some didn't get the update), being able to open the charge port with the keyfob is a worthy addition too. Just hold down the trunk button when the car is unlocked and the port will open.

I noticed when using the media "previous" button on the steering wheel, it no longer wraps around from the first favorite to the last favorite. And vice versa from the last favorite. I don't consider it an upgrade though.

6.1 has made favourites mostly unusable as it no longer repeats the list the way it used to. It's obvious no one actually used favourites during the development process.