Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

He's bored with his Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A 2yr old S60 only has a 135mi range? And can you even buy a 996 turbo and Range rover w/service plan for a 2 yr old S60? That letter seems fishy.
I don't read Jalopnik often, but can someone tell me why does it seem any article on Tesla is either critical or a backhanded compliment? Do they have something against Tesla for some reason?

Well, I love Doug's writing style and usually enjoy his posts. While I won't say that the article does not (yup, double negative) put Tesla in a negative light, I truly would say the issue is this "owner". Either it is someone who madeup the story, or something isn't adding up.

Anybody who trusts Jalopnik for advice about cars is a fool.

Artsci, could you elaborate further on that please? I started reading them a few months ago and that's what actually led me here and made me seriously consider a Tesla. While I know some of the articles are over the top, I do see value in many of the articles about car values, shopping, etc. that expanded my thoughts on what to consider. Now, I'm not going to go buy a BMW M3 or something to that effect, but I have opened up my options if other cars I would never have considered. Something this year, my ICE will likely be replaced with a Tesla, but the other ICE will not. The articles there have opened up options to consider to look at value of what we are getting rather than simply cost (which is also what opened the door for me to consider a Model S).

However, I am always eager to learn more if you would elaborate. Thank you!

...I started reading them a few months ago and that's what actually led me here and made me seriously consider a Tesla. While I know some of the articles are over the top, I do see value in many of the articles about car values, shopping, etc. that expanded my thoughts on what to consider. ...

I like the site too. While I don't take it seriously, I do like the articles and some what satire nature

This sound very fishy. I have towed with my Tesla P85 - granted it was a 300 pound gas powered 35 Ton log splitter. I have also dropped a polypropylene cargo tray into receiver and carried a lot of things you don't want inside your Tesla. (ratty firewood, nasty lawnmowers, recycled oil (other car).. etc etc..

Learn to charge your car, grow up and drop a torklift hitch in and get a lightweight trailer. Done. If you are bored with the car drop a 1400 watt stereo in it, get new wheels and wrap it in TRD Orange...

1st world problems....