Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Art now missing except for Slacker under 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I installed 6.1, i have noticed that the Album Art from any source other than Slacker is not appearing (i.e., iPhone/usb drive). Anyone noticing this problem after installing 6.1? I rebooted already and did not solve it.

I have not been able to figure out how the album art works in 6.1.
The same song (same metadata displayed) from slacker has the artwork, but not from the USB.
My guess is that they introduced some code-path that sometimes crashes in 6.1 and prevents the code from reaching the "fetchArtwork" method.

It must be a bug.5 folks that I know who upgraded to 6.1 have the same problem. No artwork UNLESS the music source is Slacker. I cannot believe that they did not realize this as this was one of the coolest entertainment features of the car.

same issue here since 6.1. also i noticed that some iphone/spotify tracks will have artwork displayed via bluetooth, but i've seen a few pop up that only took up the center 1/9th of the available square space (i.e., the artwork was scaled down too far and surrounded by black space).

I was using Slacker up until 6.1, but have been trying out USB shuffle. I can't testify to a change as I had no use for non-shuffled USB before, but currently I get no album art, no album name and no artist, just the song title, which could actually be the filename and not the metadata tag.

I hope this is a sign that they're working on that section of code and will, in the next release perhaps, pull album art directly from the song if available. Would be the next natural step in the media player's progression (aka the next issue on the priority list).

I also get no art, no album or artist name...seems to be a generic bug...I'm pretty new to all this, what is the best way to report a bug? I didn't have much luck with reporting in the car...what is the right email address for this?

...and....have you all been reporting it so they know it is widespread?

To report this: Hold down your voice control button in the car and say "Bug Report...album art is not showing in non-slacker audio sources", then let up on the button. Done!

(New owners: I'm not kidding. You can report bugs through the car's voice control).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know...I've tried the reporting in the car thing without much success....is there an email address for bugs? Anyone?

The message has to be kept short or it won't go through. Keep it to less than 10 seconds or so.

I played music over Bluetooth today and found that some Album Art does show. I was playing Pink Floyd's DSOTM which is stored locally on my iPhone in Spotify and it displayed album art although at times it took at least 1- seconds for the album art to show up. Although this is a popular album the actual Album name in Spotify (which came across to my car) was "THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON [2011 - REMASTERED VERSION]" and the track titles were named somewhat inconsistently, as in:

Speak to Me - 2011 Remastered Version
Breathe (In The Air) [2011 - Remaster]

p.s. One of my pet peeves with Slacker is that it seems to prefer listing songs as having come from compilation albums. For example Bruce Springsteen's The River was listed as being from his Greatest Hits album rather than from the album of the same name - and Slacker does have rights for The River as I have seen other songs that show Album Art for The River. Many of the Neil Young tracks that Slacker has played are listed as being from his Triple Album Decade when they should list the original album. And I have seen Rolling Stones songs as being listed as from Hot Rocks rather than the original album. It may not really matter, but I find it annoying.