Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Page, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Page is a planned community in Northern Arizona with a population of about 7,500 residents, but tens of thousands of tourists each year visit nearby venues including Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Colorado River Rafting, Canyon Country, and the Navajo Nation. When completed in 2016 the Supercharger in Page will be 130 miles from the SpC in Flagstaff and 100 miles to the anticipated SpC in Kayenta, AZ.

page-A.gif
page-B.gif
page-C.gif

Attachments

• page-D.gif
    page-D.gif
    63.7 KB · Views: 651
Now Tesla just needs to put a Supercharger in Kanab, UT so we don't have to risk the 188 mile drive from Page to Beaver.

Although too long a hop to make for quick Supercharging, with a 97%+ charge, and slower highways, 188 miles should be no problem in an 85 with a little care. I look forward to Page and Kayenta, AZ opening up Lake Powell and Monument Valley. What are not on the 2016 map, but would be great to see for opening up Central, Mountain Colorado are Superchargers in Salida and Ridgeway, CO.

Although too long a hop to make for quick Supercharging, with a 97%+ charge, and slower highways, 188 miles should be no problem in an 85 with a little care. I look forward to Page and Kayenta, AZ opening up Lake Powell and Monument Valley. What are not on the 2016 map, but would be great to see for opening up Central, Mountain Colorado are Superchargers in Salida and Ridgeway, CO.
Not to mention Cortez (Mesa Verde, and well located to connect to Moab, Ridgway, Farmington, Kayenta, Blanding). And then Cameron and Tusayan, for Grand Canyon south and east approaches. And is Kanab the best place, or maybe Jacob Lake (North Rim Grand Canyon) or Mt. Carmel Junction (eastern gateway to Zion)? And what about Springdale, the southern gateway to Zion? Sapinero or Cimarron (eastern approach to Black Canyon of the Gunnison, like Ridgway a good distance from Grand Junction, and well spaced to connect to Poncha Springs)? More realistically, given the lack of services at either of the last two, it would need to be Montrose (which lessens the value of Ridgway) and maybe Gunnison. Durango, (Pagosa Springs - infill), South Fork, Alamosa, (Fort Garland - infill) and Walsenburg would complete 160.

- - - Updated - - -

Lake Powell is probably the most beautiful lake in the world, have boated thousands of miles on it over the years. Will be tracking this new Superchargers with great interest.
old geezer for former boater
Obviously not an Edward Abbey aficionado!

Last edited:
I look forward to Page and Kayenta, AZ opening up Lake Powell and Monument Valley.

Have you heard anything from your little birdies about Page and/or Kayenta? We're doing a trip to Page and Monument Valley in late March -- I doubt they'll be avail by then, but one can hope… If not, we'll be doing RV parks in both Page and MV (Gouldings)...

There are pins on the Tesla 2016 map in both Page and Kayenta on Tesla's Supercharger page... They've been there for nearly a year. That may be considered aspirational, but it is evidence of Tesla planning SC's.

While the resolution of that map is pretty poor, its pretty obvious that the pins are on Page and Kayenta -- not many towns in that part of the state, and you'll notice that the Page pin is right on the UT/AZ state line, (Page is just south of the border by ~2-3 miles), and the Kayenta pin is slightly further south than Page -- and Kayenta is ~30 miles south of the UT state line in Monument Valley...

I've been through Page once and Kayenta twice this year in my S60 by the way. Hopefully Tesla is using telemetry data to see where we are going in their planning!

The TMC supercharger threads for Page and Kayenta are aspirational. I don't think there has been any evidence that Tesla is planning superchargers at these locations.

In the kayenta thread the last post was from someone driving through kayenta that caught sight of a big red trailer with the Tesla "T" on it and recorded it on his dashcam. Combined with the "coming in 2016" plan on TM's site, I think paige and kayenta are scheduled to get superchargers soon!

Was in Page two weeks ago. Spoke to front desk at e Courtyard and they said a EV charging station is going in. I was looking for the NEMA 14 50 that Plugshare says was supposed to be there. No NEMA was yet available but looks like there could be a Supercharger going in from the looks of it.

In the kayenta thread the last post was from someone driving through kayenta that caught sight of a big red trailer with the Tesla "T" on it and recorded it on his dashcam. Combined with the "coming in 2016" plan on TM's site, I think paige and kayenta are scheduled to get superchargers soon!
That was me... Although it was an RV, not a trailer. Saw it on Aug 7...

It could just be a coincidence, but my theory is that it is a site selection/negotiation/permit filing team, and the RV is new -- as the Supercharger sites expand to more remote locations, they can work/live in the RV.

Was in Page two weeks ago. Spoke to front desk at e Courtyard and they said a EV charging station is going in. I was looking for the NEMA 14 50 that Plugshare says was supposed to be there. No NEMA was yet available but looks like there could be a Supercharger going in from the looks of it.

We stayed at that Courtyard in March... Was able to charge on one of the 120V outlets on the lamp posts overnight, but we did most of our charging at the RV park across town. ~4 hours total at the RV park gave us enough to get to Monument Valley.

Interstates: None
US Number Highways (<= 5 miles): US-89

US-89
To: Beaver, UT (US-89, UT-20, I-15) - 185 miles
To: St George, UT (US-89, US-89A, AZ-389/UT-59, UT-9, I-15) - 154 miles
To: Blanding, UT (AZ-98, US-160, US-191) - 199 miles
To: Gallup, NM (AZ-98, US-160, In-59, US-191, AZ/NM-264) - 252 miles

So ...
Definitely looks like Kayenta, AZ (where Tesla indicates a planned Supercharger) would be a location for another Supercharger, to connect to Blanding, UT and Gallup, NM.
Looks like something is needed between Page, AZ and Beaver, UT, so maybe Kanab, UT would be a possible future location.