Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla make the "by the end of January 2015" promise for torque sleep? (P85D)

Will Tesla make the "by the end of January 2015" promise for torque sleep? (P85D)

• Yes, as promised

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Nope, will be late

Votes: 89 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
So, less than one week left until "the end of January 2015" and no torque sleep update for the P85D yet.

I'm willing to bet it doesn't happen by 00:00 PST 02/01/2015...

Pushing the update to a handful of cars by then doesn't count either.

It'll happen!! It's the anniversary of that massive update over a weekend to thousands of cars to disable auto lowering so, it can be done. There are a lot fewer Ds on the road than there were all flavors of MS back then.

That was actually the first OTA update I received after delivery of my P85... was definitely not impressed. lol.

I disagree with this. If they start pushing it by Jan. 31 and continue pushing it, there's not too much cause for complaint. But then I don't have a P85D.

I was going to put something along the lines of "my P85D must have the update by then or it doesn't count," but I figured that would be unfair...

I think an obvious mass rollout to P85Ds with a few posters still waiting would be sufficient, but a few random cars isn't going to cut it, IMO, since they said we'd have it by the end of the month. That doesn't really translate to some cars will have it and some wont by the end of the month.

- - - Updated - - -

Does Tesla pick SW release dates the same way they calculate the odds of successful Falcon 9 landings?

Hasn't this been proven? :p

Doesn't it take close to 3-4 weeks for everyone to get an update?

Not if they don't want it to. As reported elsewhere on this board, when they disabled the auto lowering of air suspensions they rolled that out to virtually everyone in the span of a long weekend.

Having said that, I suspect this update may roll out over the course of many days/weeks such that they can monitor for any unexpected behavior "in the wild"...