Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deposit placed today, site says deliver late March - email confirmation says late Feb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an odd one. I placed my deposit today (YAH!) for my P85D. Design studio says late March, when I placed the deposit, the delivery location and timing said late March. Received my order confirmation email and it says late February. Has to be a mistake. I did NOT confirm yet, so two weeks from today is 2/6. There's no way they can build this car AND deliver it to the East Coast in three weeks, right? I have to assume the confirmation email is wrong and I'll see it late March.

The girl I worked with at the service center/store is going to check it out for me and let me know next week. She's been great - is SHE my DS? Or are they all in California sitting on phones?

Probably a glitch, but sequences can get shuffled for various reasons, so it might be possible if you confirm soon. Your DS works out of your local service center and gets assigned later in the process. You can google the service center phone number though if you want to call them with questions before then.

Congrats!

Keep in mind its an estimated delivery date, don't plan a vacation, trade in another vehicle or wig out if dates change. Get your garage set up, insurance, financing (if needed), paint protection etc...all lined up early.

It's not unusual for the date applied to a specific order to be different than the presumed estimated date on the order form. Once you place an order they have a lot more idea what they can do since they know where they're shipping it.

I don't really see a reason why they can't build and deliver the car in 3 weeks. It'd probably be bumping an S60/S85/85D order back but Tesla seems to be prioritizing P vehicles again.

For all we know they had some other cars going to same place for delivery as you and their current plan would have left a slot open on the car carrier. By adding your order in they fill the carrier and that incentives them to make the car faster.

For all we know they had some other cars going to same place for delivery as you and their current plan would have left a slot open on the car carrier. By adding your order in they fill the carrier and that incentives them to make the car faster.

Yeh, I was thinking the same thing. . . Will be curious to see what I hear this week. Thanks all!

Girl at the SC told me she confirmed late March. Oh well, wishful thinking. It's all good, gives me more time to get electric ready and it will be just in time for my birthday! Wife said she'll put a bow on it in the garage for me. . .