Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So glad I got the D - Dual Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well I got my p85d just before xmas and I have had lots of problems witch has just about all bin resolved

but I did learn something glad I got a d and not the 2 wheel model
when they were fixing my p85d they left me a p85 and where I live the roads are slippery cause of the snow

its been a long time since I drove a rear wheel drive it was all over the road it was scary to drive
I cant even believe how amazing the all wheel drive is in the d my wife has a Mitsubishi outlander and they clam to have the best all wheel drive I would have to disagree I think the tesla is better

glad that you got those issues sorted out, richard

btw, tires matter far more than driver system

an el cheapo car with proper winters will almost always outperform a awd with summers

and i thought subaru and audi had the best awd system?

glad that you got those issues sorted out, richard

btw, tires matter far more than driver system

an el cheapo car with proper winters will almost always outperform a awd with summers

and i thought subaru and audi had the best awd system?

Subaru and Audi have great AWD because of the way that torque from a single motor is distributed to all 4 wheels.

The tesla has two motors which is an even better arrangement.

I'd really like to just drive a D. I drive up through a couple feet of snow every day with my P85. I have nokian Haakas on all 4 wheels and will say this. It performs better than any 4 wheel drive I've owned (I sold two of them when I got my MS)

im sure the D is wonderful BUT...of like to see just how different it does.