Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Roadster 1.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, saw that one. I'm talking to them. They won't budge on price. I'm estimating the MSRP on that car is
$103,800.
Roadster 1.5s seem to be selling for about 48% of MSRP right now, so I think they are just a bit over.

- - - Updated - - -

I may have missed premium interior in my calculations.

Experts: Does that car have the premium interior option?

My thoughts on the list of options on that car:
Hard Top
Universal Charging Connector
Premium Paint
Electronics Group
Floor Mats
Premium Interior

Not really. I've seen 3 in the last month sell for less with more options and similar mileage. I've tracked every sale in the last 6 months. It's tiring!

Really? I haven't seen them drop much lower than this, especially for a dealer. How much lower and where are the links? If so why didn't you pull the trigger?

When the right one comes to you you'll know, but it seems like price is the primary driver for you. When it comes down to some "change" get what you'll be happy with, not with what you can afford. You'll be in it for a while if you appreciate it. When I found mine it was the seat combination, wheels (gun metal finish) that complimented the color where I knew it was the one. And once you approve the "physical" look and you actually drive it you'll find one way or another to get it back home with you.

I also think the pricing are firming as there is now more certainty there will be an upgrade to the cars to give a very impressive boost in range. So do you want to take your chances? If the new battery is priced around $15K then I think you will see Roadster values rise noticeably. But if the upgrade is $40K I think you could pick one up at a bargain.

PS I have a 1.5 and I would not consider selling it for under $70k, not that I am trying to sell.

That's a steal for a car including a hardtop... Availability is nearly zero and the pending battery upgrade has put a freeze on people selling. You missed the lowest point by about a year. I would jump on anything below 60k and feel good about it. You'd hate for new battery pricing to be revealed at a low price and end up paying more.

Not really. I've seen 3 in the last month sell for less with more options and similar mileage. I've tracked every sale in the last 6 months. It's tiring!

I've been where you're at right now n2mb - took me about 6 months of hunting to spot the right one for me. As wiztecy mentioned, when the right one appears, with all the time you've spent checking into cars, you'll know it. That's certainly what happened for me - any number of cars were close and I could talk myself into them. Then a black 2.5 sport showed up in New Jersey and it was all over but the paperwork :)

Good luck with your hunt! Your Roadster is out there somewhere.