Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gapless Playback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disappointed to find out that the Media Player (playing off a USB Thumbdrive) is incapable of gapless playback. This is a problem for anyone who listen to classical music. Anyone know if Tesla intends to introduce this feature in the future?
Still hoping that Tesla will integrate Spotify...

Disappointed to find out that the Media Player (playing off a USB Thumbdrive) is incapable of gapless playback. This is a problem for anyone who listen to classical music. Anyone know if Tesla intends to introduce this feature in the future?
Still hoping that Tesla will integrate Spotify...

Yes it would be nice if Spotify was integrated, but as a workaround you can run it on your phone and send the audio to the car via bluetooth.

-- Greg

Gapless playback would be great! Been wanting that for nearly 2 years. Also, the ability to play files from the usb drive that include umlauts and accents and other "special" characters. Large chunk of my music collection is unplayable. Media player updates seem to be very low priority, but are pretty glaring omissions, seeing how every other media player includes those standard features.

• Love
Reactions: Wheelsonfire
Also, the ability to play files from the usb drive that include umlauts and accents and other "special" characters. Large chunk of my music collection is unplayable.

When you rip or convert the files to the thumb drive, just change the umlauts and accents to standard letters and the music will play just fine. Interestingly, the umlauts and accents will show up on screen.

When you rip or convert the files to the thumb drive, just change the umlauts and accents to standard letters and the music will play just fine. Interestingly, the umlauts and accents will show up on screen.

Is there an automated way to do this? I get music to my thumb drive by copy and paste, no conversion or ripping. I'm not renaming large portions of my music collection, as that would be extremely tedious work. It should just work, like every other media player/computer.

Is there an automated way to do this? I get music to my thumb drive by copy and paste, no conversion or ripping. I'm not renaming large portions of my music collection, as that would be extremely tedious work. It should just work, like every other media player/computer.

There are any number of ways to automatically rename files.

On a Mac, use A Better Finder Rename 9 (or something like that). Available at the app store. It will easily cleanse and rename all of your files... There are several Music editors that will combine multiple files into one, even if they are in a lossy format. Another (but pain in the butt) option that would give you gapless playback.

I have the sense that Tesla isn't taking the media playback very seriously. There are so many strange bugs and limitations that should be trivially fixed. For example, if you play a multi-disc album, the car ignores the "Disc #" tag, so you get the first track of one of the discs, then the first track of the other disc, then track 2 and 2, then 3 & 3 and so on and so on. I've personally written that code on a commercial product, and I guarantee you it's not hard.

This gapless thing is another.

And don't even get me started on the artwork display for podcasts. As amusing as it is to get a Snoop Dogg cover when I'm listening to NPR's Fresh Air, it's pretty darned unpolished.

Either they're just not putting the resources into it, or there's some kind of massive update coming and they're putting all the effort there. I hope it's the latter! :)

I reported this bug two years ago. It's even more annoying for anyone who listens to talking books or radio dramas. I basically have to stitch together the episodes on my computer into single tracks beforehand.

Since I reported this rather serious bug two years ago and they've done nothing, I'm assuming Tesla has no plan to fix it.

I took possession of my brand new Model S 75d yesterday and I'm a little disappointed to see that the Spotify App doesn't do gapless audio.
( when official Spotify Apps obviously do )

Is there a feature request/bug tracker for Model S annoyances?
Congratulations on your new S75D, that's the car to have :)
You can login to your Tesla account webpage and submit a request for gapless playback (via a USB drive too, not just for Spotify). You can also give Tesla a phone call, and eventually mention it to the Tesla service. Hope that with your voice added Tesla will raise the priority for gapless media play.