Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the long anticipated (by me anyway) St. Louis area supercharger.

Reported by mallynb here: New Supercharger locations...Permit Sttaus | Forums | Tesla Motors

"Case No. CU-2014-32. (Tesla Motors, Inc. c/o Black & Veatch) An application for a Conditional Use Permit from §400.220(C)(1)(a) for a charging station for electric vehicles within the C-2 General Business District, specifically to install parking and 5 charging posts with associated equipment adjacent to 1981 Zumbehl Road within the Bogey Hills Shopping Plaza."

http://supercharge.info/?Center=38.798907,-91.609722&Zoom=8

A fifteen minute drive from my home.

I emailed the Governor's office in Missouri the other day. I politely explained to him/them that when my wife and I want a little overnight getaway, 90% of the time we come to St Louis or St Charles from Springfield Illinois. Having just purchased a used Tesla Model S and the lack of Tesla Superchargers in Missouri, this weekend we will be going to Naperville and Aurora Illinois instead. I explained the state of Missouri will be missing out on a fairly large weekend splurge. We would have brought another couple with us and would have enticed more people to meet us for dinner, drinks, gambling and other purchases.

Missouri needs to embrace new technology instead of ignoring the needs of their citizens and tourists.

I emailed the Governor's office in Missouri the other day. I politely explained to him/them that when my wife and I want a little overnight getaway, 90% of the time we come to St Louis or St Charles from Springfield Illinois. Having just purchased a used Tesla Model S and the lack of Tesla Superchargers in Missouri, this weekend we will be going to Naperville and Aurora Illinois instead. I explained the state of Missouri will be missing out on a fairly large weekend splurge. We would have brought another couple with us and would have enticed more people to meet us for dinner, drinks, gambling and other purchases.

Missouri needs to embrace new technology instead of ignoring the needs of their citizens and tourists.

Amen! Enjoy the Two Brothers Roundhouse!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Probably getting ahead of myself... But I'll take it!!! Two years of waiting and this is the best sign of life so far!! Our "birdies" have been tweeting the truth.... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo! I didn't get a chance to drive by today afterall - there's probably no equipment yet on site, but this is the best evidence yet! :biggrin:

I was going to take a drive later today before I saw this thread. Was wondering if they would have started this week because of the warmer temps. Little birds did tell us "Saint Louis finished by the end of January..." Just a few more days to go, right?? :)

Great find! Congratulations!

Missouri may soon lose it's dubious honor as the highest population state in the U.S. without a Supercharger.

From Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis - Page 24 on 12/12/2014:

Because you liked that one so much, another Google vision came to Cottonwood: St Charles — Google Maps

This vision could be past, present, or future...let's just hope Tesla is not a past-style Scrooge in Missouri. :rolleyes:

I was just a month or two ahead of reality. Compare the map cited above to the recently found permit, 1981 Zumbehl Rd, St Charles, MO 63303 - Google Maps.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to pass through the SC desert of of Missouri when we go form Pennsylvania to Colorado in March. I'm hoping it's up and running by then, although Missouri will still require a bit of planning to get to Topeka.

Anyway, it looks like the City Council approved it on January 6. Fingers crossed for a quick install!!

new-2.jpg
new-1.jpg
new-3.jpg
new-4.jpg
new-5.jpg
new-6.jpg

WOW. I was just at that exact spot last weekend. There was no sign of construction.... yet.

I wonder how it will turn out after the dealers double down their lobbying in Jeff City to make everything Tesla illegal.
There is now enough of one party to override a veto by the governor so writing to him is pointless.

I took a drive out there today to look around the entire parking lot and there's nothing started. I was thinking the far north side of the lot would be effective as its tucked away:

IMG_0083.JPG

but when I came up here just now to post the picture I see the plans from TechGuy - so it's at the far South side of the lot! Either way - looks like we have ourselves a winner. Charge up and have some Taco Bell!!