Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - London, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that supercharge.info has London Kentucky as "under construction." I spoke to a few of my family members that live about an hour from there to see if they can stop by and check it out. I said take plenty of pictures. Hopefully I'll hear from one of them soon.

Sorry about the sideways pictures. Too lazy to fix it. Looks like it's about halfway done. Transformer is in place and pedestals are about on. Look like it'll be 6 stalls with the leftmost stall being a pull in. Judging by the pictures, I'm pretty sure it's here.
IMG_3892.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3888.JPG
    IMG_3888.JPG
    615.3 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_3887.JPG
    IMG_3887.JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_3886.JPG
    IMG_3886.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,173
  • IMG_3885.JPG
    IMG_3885.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,152
  • IMG_3884.JPG
    IMG_3884.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,159
Wow that seemed to happen really quickly. Looking forward to the Chicago to Miami corrider to complete. All we need is Knoxville and either Louisville or Cincinatti to complete the route from the upper Midwest down to FL.

Looks like you can make it from Sweet Home Chi caga via Lafayette, Naptown, Lexington to London (196 miles) and onto Chattanooga (206 miles), thence in a southerly direction to Atlanta and on down to Port St. Lucie or even Margaritaville.

Definitely awesome. With a short stop in between somewhere I can make it to this charger from my house. It's about 275 miles with a net elevation change of ~260 ft. EV Trip Planner says about 300 rated miles needed.

Any one have an idea if I would make it from this supercharger (London,KY) to Pigeon Forge,TN? It's about 132 Miles but not sure how elevation would change it. I have 85kw battery. Any input would be great! Making a trip from Chicago, thats my only concern.

It would be really hard to not make it 132 miles on an 85kWh battery. My absolute worst range in my P85 was something like 185 miles, at ~80+MPH, some through the mountains uphill. As a general measure I use 200 miles as the meter for what is easily doable in normal conditions without question with an 85kWh pack.

It would be really hard to not make it 132 miles on an 85kWh battery. My absolute worst range in my P85 was something like 185 miles, at ~80+MPH, some through the mountains uphill. As a general measure I use 200 miles as the meter for what is easily doable in normal conditions without question with an 85kWh pack.
Does anyone know if Chattanooga to London if possible with out a charge in between? I have a p85

Does anyone know if Chattanooga to London if possible with out a charge in between? I have a p85

The Knoxville Supercharger should be happening soon. In the mean time, EV Trip Planner says 228 rated miles in an 85 with standard temps and no wind.

There is a CHAdeMO in Knoxville. Buy or borrow a CHAdeMO adapter and try Cracker Barrel - Blink | Knoxville, TN | PlugShare. There are also a ton of L2's in Knoxville.

This route looks very doable with a little planning and care.

Have Fun!

Making a trip down from Chicago and charging here. Anyone have an idea if I would make it from here (london,ky) to Pigeon Forge TN??? I have an S 85 fully charge gets me 270 miles.

Use EV Trip Planner. Its predictions are very good, if you put in all the parameters. The distance is only 131 miles and 143 rated miles using standard conditions. If you can charge in Pigeon Forge when you get there, it should be easy.

Making a trip down from Chicago and charging here. Anyone have an idea if I would make it from here (london,ky) to Pigeon Forge TN??? I have an S 85 fully charge gets me 270 miles.

Use EV Trip Planner. Its predictions are very good, if you put in all the parameters. The distance is only 131 miles and 143 rated miles using standard conditions. If you can charge in Pigeon Forge when you get there, it should be easy.

Ok I just not to sure how to use that but ill have to read and learn. I thought i'd ask if anyone had ever done that trip. But im sure ill be ok. Just worried about elevation.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the reply!