Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who insures your Tesla in NH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Just got my VIN (P85D) and currently shopping for auto. Now we have allstate but they want to charge us a ton of money, time to cancel.
Could you please comment on who your carrier is?

Thanks!

For the 2 years I lived in NH, I had Harleysville. The rates seemed reasonable (although, coming from MA, anything would be reasonable). I also had several policies with them, so that probably helped.

For the 2 years I lived in NH, I had Harleysville. The rates seemed reasonable (although, coming from MA, anything would be reasonable). I also had several policies with them, so that probably helped.
Oh, I should add - my agent selected Harleysville because they were one of the few companies that could provide all of my policies, and thereby got me the best rates for a group discount. My situation was unusual - I was a NH resident, going to grad school, living in a condo we owned. My wife was a MA resident, living in a rented appt. At the time we had a homeowner's policy, a renter's insurance policy, car insurance on 3 vehicles, and an additional liability policy.

When we purchased our S 85 last year, our agent in Londonderry quoted a decent price from our current carrier. Just added the car to our existing homeowner/vehicle policy. We have Safeco, which I believe is owned by Liberty Mutual. The breakdown on the Tesla is $840 per year, excellent liability coverage, but to save some on the premium, we have a $2,000 deductible on collision. P85D will likely be a bit higher. Good luck!

When we purchased our S 85 last year, our agent in Londonderry quoted a decent price from our current carrier. Just added the car to our existing homeowner/vehicle policy. We have Safeco, which I believe is owned by Liberty Mutual. The breakdown on the Tesla is $840 per year, excellent liability coverage, but to save some on the premium, we have a $2,000 deductible on collision. P85D will likely be a bit higher. Good luck!

Many thanks to all!
Geico gave me $1800/y for a Qx + P85D $500 ded/$0 compreh and 100k/300k damages

My home owner insurance is through Amica.

$600/year on the Tesla Model S 2014 Model with Geico. Currently have two cars covered. One car is 400/year, the other is 450/year. It's 0 deductible with 100k/300k coverage.

Thanks although I'm a bit confused. You said $600/y for Tesla but then you mentioned only 2 cars covered neither one for $600/y? I assume you no longer have the Tesla?

I was quoted for $1880/y for a P85D (more expensive) and a QX56. Not bad but that includes a 3% disc for homeowner where Geico is >>Allstate.

Sorry for not being clearer.

You don't need to have the car to get a quote. I just happened to one day and ask what the price will be if I were to swap a policy out with one of my existing car to get a Model S.

If it make it any clearer to you. Here are my numbers:

Honda Pilot 2010: 450/year
Chevy Volt: 400/year
Total: 850/year

If I swap:

Model S 85kw: 600/year
Total: 1050/year

Any other questions? I wanted to find out what I'd be expecting to pay when the Model X comes out. Gives me a benchmark.

Thanks although I'm a bit confused. You said $600/y for Tesla but then you mentioned only 2 cars covered neither one for $600/y? I assume you no longer have the Tesla?

I was quoted for $1880/y for a P85D (more expensive) and a QX56. Not bad but that includes a 3% disc for homeowner where Geico is >>Allstate.

Sorry for not being clearer.

You don't need to have the car to get a quote. I just happened to one day and ask what the price will be if I were to swap a policy out with one of my existing car to get a Model S.

If it make it any clearer to you. Here are my numbers:

Chevy Volt: 400/year
Total: 850/year

If I swap:

Model S 85kw: 600/year
Total: 1050/year

Any other questions? I wanted to find out what I'd be expecting to pay when the Model X comes out. Gives me a benchmark.

Thanks I see now. That is very low for a ZERO ded. Is that Model S P85D?

Many thanks!