Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble with homelink/garage door under 6.1, anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After installing 6.1 on my Sig P85 the homelink garage door didn't work any more. The icon would show up at home, but touching it would not open the door. I figured that it had just "forgotten", so I deleted it and tried to re-add it. Now, when re-adding it, it just sits there, and never learns the remote: meaning, I invoke the learning mode, go to the front of the car and press the garage door button on the remote, but it never flashes the lights indicating that it's learned the code.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this trouble, or if it's specific to my car. Any thoughts are appreciated.

As I was leaving yesterday, the door went up just fine, backed out of the garage and the door would not go down. I got out and walked in to manually close the door. When I arrived back home, the door opened and closed normally and has worked correctly since. This is the first problem I have had with homelink in my 22 months with my P85. I had just installed 6.1 a few days ago, so I probably should do a bug report.

This won't solve any problems for people who have already programmed their HomeLink and are encountering issues, but if you're reprogramming and not getting the flashing headlight confirmation, make sure you're holding your remote no more than an inch from the front bumper.

The illustration shows the remote about a foot away from the bumper, but that never worked for me. Getting it really close? Worked right away.