Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scottsdale Tinting & Paint Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for recommendations on places around Scottsdale that do window tinting and paint protection.

I moved my MS down here a year ago from Washington has broken me. Kids complain about the sun in the back.. I mean if you can't see your video game, the world is over, right? And the construction on 101 has taken enough chips out of my hood that a tear comes to my eye when I look at it. :)

Anyway, time to invest.

I'm looking for recommendations on places around Scottsdale that do window tinting and paint protection.

I moved my MS down here a year ago from Washington has broken me. Kids complain about the sun in the back.. I mean if you can't see your video game, the world is over, right? And the construction on 101 has taken enough chips out of my hood that a tear comes to my eye when I look at it. :)

Anyway, time to invest.
This is the place I have used for PhotoSync window Tinting and clear bra protection. They have done a lot of Teslas and are the exclusive Photosync dealer for Scottsdale area:

Cactus Window Tint
8295 E. Raintree Dr.
Ste G
Scottsdale AZ 85260
(480) 248-8966
Window Tinting in Scottsdale | Cactus Window Tinting

This is the place I have used for PhotoSync window Tinting and clear bra protection. They have done a lot of Teslas and are the exclusive Photosync dealer for Scottsdale area:

Cactus Window Tint
8295 E. Raintree Dr.
Ste G
Scottsdale AZ 85260
(480) 248-8966
Nothing down here in Tucson? Looking to do a clear bra on the front. Am having some ding/repainting done at Vanderpools. They did a wonderful job on my Mercedes a couple of years ago. Apparently they've worked on several Teslas in the area.

In Tucson, now, the PhotoSync dealer is

Affordable Window Tinting
932 West Grant Road
Tucson‎ AZ‎ 85705-5309
(520) 792-8468

Don't let the name scare you. I've used them before and other cars and they do a great job.

Cactus Window Tint
8295 E. Raintree Dr.
Ste G
Scottsdale AZ 85260
(480) 248-8966

cactus did tint and wrap on a lot of early AZ Modes S deliveries. I don't think Photosync was avail when I got my car tinted, but I'm very happy with their work...

If I could do it again, I'd try Pit Stop or go to Anaheim to the guy who did our Opticoat application. We ended up with two vertical scratches near the back wheel on the driver side. We saw it when looking over the car at time of pickup from Cactus. When we mentioned it, the owner said it was there when we brought it in, but forgot to call us to state what he found. Also, they failed to see it when they inspected the car at delivery, so I'm suspicious. And we only had the car for one two days before bringing it to them. Cactus thought it was done at the factory or by Tesla because of the depth of the scratches. These weren't rock hits. This is an area where they were applying the clear bra. Then there's the clear bra application. Because we began a roadtrip right away, we ended up in Anaheim and went to a place there to get OptiCoat. That guy said that if they had done the clear bra application, they would have stretched it enough to go over the edge and under so we wouldn't have had lines of dirt to deal with. We did bring the car back once to Cactus because the bra was actually peeling back near the tire wells on both sides. They stretched it to get it around and looks a lot better, but we still have lines in other areas. So be careful. I'd video every inch of the car to make sure everything looks good. This way if anything happens, you can compare and have proof of what you left any company.
If you're ever in Anaheim, we loved the Opticoat work by Richard Lin's team. He even let us borrow a company car for the day and overnight.
Contact info is:
ShowCarDetailing.com
Call us toll free 866 707-9292
5548 E. La Palma Ave., Anaheim, CA 92807
Open Tue-Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm and Sat by appointment only