Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Orlando Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location is right off of I-4 east of downtown Orlando. It's unclear if the "charging station" referred to is a Supercharger.

Exclusive: Elon Musk's Tesla inks lease for Orlando dealership
Jan 22, 2015, 11:25am EST UPDATED: Jan 22, 2015, 12:52pm EST
Share on Google + Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on Twitter Email this article
Save

Order Reprints

Print
TeslaModels Enlarge Photo
Bloomberg
A new Tesla Motors dealership is coming to Orlando.

Anjali Fluker
Senior Staff Writer-
Orlando Business Journal
Email | Twitter | Google+
In the market for a Tesla? Pretty soon, you won't have to go far for a test drive — or a charge — as the high-performance electric sports car maker plans to bring a new full-service dealership to Orlando.
Palo Alto, Calif.-based Tesla Motors of Florida Inc. signed a lease for a 2.57-acre, 33,750-square-foot warehouse in Interstate Park, 100 S. Lake Destiny Drive near Eatonville, where the car maker plans to build out a showroom, sales center, service center and charging station.
This would be a second Central Florida location for Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA), as the company in 2013 opened a ministore and service center in Longwood. Tesla also is known for its creator Elon Musk, the man behind PayPal and SpaceX.
See Also

Tesla is talking with BMW about partnering on batteries, parts
Tesla leases 300,000-square-foot industrial project in Fremont
Elon Musk was right: What Russia's anti-NASA plan means for C. Fla.
Who’s for the electric car?
The eight-year Tesla lease includes the option to extend the lease term for four five-year terms, Orange County records showed. The landlord is Winter Park-based Dat-Shaw Inc., an entity run by Orlando real estate maven Mary Demetree, county and state records showed.
Rusty Stoeckel of Demetree Real Estate Services Inc. represented the landlord in the lease agreement, and Adam Gerry of SRS Real Estate Partners represented Tesla.
"We negotiated for several months to make this deal happen, and all parties cooperated to the fullest," Stoeckel said. "We are thrilled to have such a quality tenant as Tesla."
Representatives from Tesla Motors were immediately unavailable for comment.
Be sure to come back to OrlandoBusinessJournal.com for updates.
Covers real estate and rail
Related links: Automotive, Construction, Investing, Consumer Goods
Industries: Commercial Real Estate, Retailing & Restaurants, Technology

This location is right off of I-4 east of downtown Orlando. It's unclear if the "charging station" referred to is a Supercharger.

Exclusive: Elon Musk's Tesla inks lease for Orlando dealership
Jan 22, 2015, 11:25am EST UPDATED: Jan 22, 2015, 12:52pm EST
Share on Google + Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on Twitter Email this article
Save

Order Reprints

Print
TeslaModels Enlarge Photo
Bloomberg
A new Tesla Motors dealership is coming to Orlando.
Palo Alto, Calif.-based Tesla Motors of Florida Inc. signed a lease for a 2.57-acre, 33,750-square-foot warehouse in Interstate Park, 100 S. Lake Destiny Drive near Eatonville, where the car maker plans to build out a showroom, sales center, service center and charging station.
This would be a second Central Florida location for Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA), as the company in 2013 opened a ministore and service center in Longwood.
Rusty Stoeckel of Demetree Real Estate Services Inc. represented the landlord in the lease agreement, and Adam Gerry of SRS Real Estate Partners represented Tesla. "We negotiated for several months to make this deal happen, and all parties cooperated to the fullest," Stoeckel said. "We are thrilled to have such a quality tenant as Tesla."

Looks like it might primarily be a showroom/store/service center with charging facilities only a secondary function as with other service centers. However, even if the charging facilities are limited, the location nicely bridges the gap between Tampa or Turkey Lake on one hand, and Port Orange or St. Augustine on the other.

This location is just north of downtown Orlando off interstate 4 near a nice office park in Maitland. A BMW dealer is located 1/2 mile north on other side of I-4 in case they have business deals as talked about in the earlier post. Although this location is only 5 miles from my house which is great for me, I had suggested 3 years ago to Tesla, Mall at Millenia location which is just south of downtown off I-4. That upscale mall location already has Mercedes and Aston Martin dealers, 2 miles from Turnpike, near Universal Studios and millions of annual vistors. But this choice is still a very good location which is very visable from I-4 with Maitland and Winter Park amenities a mile or so away. It is only about 6 or 7 miles from the Longwood mini store / service center. The selected location can be acessed north bound I-4 from Lee Rd or Maitland Blvd. (414) north or south bound. Look forward to future developments. :smile:

Last edited: