Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got P85D VIN. Anyone know where that puts me in terms of production finish date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 741xx. In the P85D tracking spreadsheet, delivered VINs only go up to mid 60s. Extrapolating that out in Excel didn't show much of an obvious trend, so just curious where that VIN would put me in terms of production.

Tesla does not build cars in VIN serial order. So you can't extrapolate production timing from your VIN.

Just call your DS and ask when you're scheduled to start production. They can tell you this, though they may try not to since they don't all like to do so. Keep in mind whatever they tell you is subject to change.

I just got my Vin. 73793 last week and I am still showing March. When they called yesterday regarding the back seat preference I requested an upgrade to the new executive seats so I am preparing for a change to April but fingers crossed that doesn't happen!

S85 Vins were done about 50-55 days before delivery. P85D are a little closer. And since your delivery is nearly "guaranteed" to be in Q1, I suspect a delivery date of 40-42 days from now is your delivery date. SWAG is March 8-12.

Hey Actionspa
I am in same boat as you, I got the call last week re rear seats and made the same change as you to executive rear seats (100k + for a hatch back never turned me on). The VIN showed up next day and estimated date went from "late march" to "march" at the same time. My thought is they actually have some of these seats kicking around as opposed to the issue laden rear NG's. I ordered though in Oct for a March delivery so it has been on the books for a while, assuming that makes any difference.

All the best, VIN 74613

Expect the date to move around quite a bit. For me it was 3 delays for a total delay of 3 weeks. Though it killed me, not bad for a young company that can't build them fast enough. And the only real problem for me was that I wasn't about to deliver well over 100K without a definite date. So managing my portfolio and banks was a bit of a hassle. My delivery is below. Ordered 6-26-14, JUST before they opened China and the UK and shut down for retooling the expanded line. Originalyl, for my P85+, I was supposed to have priority delivery of one month. So that pissed me off, but I did understand. I think those days are long gone now.