Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger turned on today in Montreal!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on Saturday with the family to try it out! Montreal owners, I know it's exciting to have a SC in your city, but kindly give more priority to the visitors... Please! :)

I had to try them tonight. They're not really Superchargers but perhaps just pretty good chargers. It maxed out at 84 amps, 347 volts giving me a charge rate of about 160 km/h. That's a long way off from the nearly 600 km/h I have charged at other SuperChargers. My car was warmed up and charged about the 30% level so it wasn't my battery causing the slow down. Hopefully they'll up the charge later.
The HPWC are indeed 80 amps, 240v now, about two thirds the charge rate of the SC.

I had to try them tonight. They're not really Superchargers but perhaps just pretty good chargers. It maxed out at 84 amps, 347 volts giving me a charge rate of about 160 km/h. That's a long way off from the nearly 600 km/h I have charged at other SuperChargers. My car was warmed up and charged about the 30% level so it wasn't my battery causing the slow down. Hopefully they'll up the charge later.
The HPWC are indeed 80 amps, 240v now, about two thirds the charge rate of the SC.

Are you sure someone else wasn't charging on the other paired stall? That would explain the reduced charging rate.

Hmmm. That's surprising. Perhaps in response to the ambient temp.

OUCH! Please let us know if someone else was using the other stall.

I'm pretty sure I was the only Tesla in the parking lot at 12:30 am. I tried both stalls and the result was the same. I also tried a couple HPWCs just to be certain. I saw crappy charge rate like this in Connecticut at some of the earliest installed SC's. Ambient temperature was minus 10. I've charged colder with a higher amperage. I'll find out today what happened.

Could be that there wasn't enough electricity in the Quebec grid at that point in time....

I'm pretty sure I was the only Tesla in the parking lot at 12:30 am. I tried both stalls and the result was the same. I also tried a couple HPWCs just to be certain. I saw crappy charge rate like this in Connecticut at some of the earliest installed SC's. Ambient temperature was minus 10. I've charged colder with a higher amperage. I'll find out today what happened.

Could be that there wasn't enough electricity in the Quebec grid at that point in time....
I will call them now and ask as well. Not sure who to call though ...

Maybe there's a reason it's not on the map/officially open yet - like they don't have some of the hardware in place/turned on.
Walter

has anyone else charged there recently? curious on what the charge rate is. any pictures of the site?

I live 2 hours away from Montreal, and "charge" there often.

The so-called SuperCharger is a joke there, for 2 reasons:

1) there is only two stalls (sorry for my english), whereas we are a population of about 3M around Montreal, and many Tesla Owners, plus many tourists
2) the charge rate/speed is quite often ridiculous... gaining 170 km per hour often...
... I could also add that it is badly located.

Tesla NEEDS to add a new site, easily reachable (think dix30, or corner of highway 40 and papineau), and much more stalls.

I drove from Montreal to 2 hours north of Toronto last weekend, and all SC - Cornwall, Kingston, TO, Barrie were a charm. When I came back to Montreal, my rate was 245 km per hour... a joke...

I love my Tesla. Not my SC...