Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put a deposit on an inventory vehicle! Good deal for me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I just put a deposit on the bare bones white 60 that is over at Lawrence SC. I'm sure some of you have driven it as a loaner. It has 12,000km and no options whatsoever. I checked it out a couple weeks ago and drove it, and it was great. I'm fine with the textile seats and the standard audio. Price suddenly dropped another $1,600 so I am getting it for $62,603 plus tax.

I decided to pull the trigger now because...
1. I had an X deposit, but I don't want to spend that much on a vehicle right now. Even X60 will be starting at 88-90k plus tax and options I'm sure.
2. Our dollar is so weak, I think they might be adjusting pricing soon, possible coinciding when X pricing is released.
3. If I was ordering a new S, I would HAVE to get tech pkg (too many goodies to pass up), which with tax and rebate brings me in at $88,137, so I am saving $15k, with pano roof (wife loves) $18k. Compared to an S85 with tech its almost $25k less, $28k with roof.
4. I still get full 4 year warranty from when I get it, and mileage doesn't count (I get 92,000kms), same for 8 year battery/drivetrain warranty. I also get free valet/loaner service as I live over 200km away from a service centre.

So, I'm pretty pumped! I know to most of you guys it's just a base model S, but I almost bought a Leaf last year, and a Soul EV this year, so it's a big deal to me!

I'll be adding Supercharging and a set of mats for sure. Anything else I should add at delivery? Is there a checklist I should bring with me?

Thanks for all the help with my many questions!

Mark

Good stuff Hingis!...welcome to the club. :smile:

The only other adapters that I have purchased for our S (up and above the NEMA 5-15 & 14-50 that comes with your UMC kit) are the NEMA's 6-50 (Welder plug...used 2x in Smith's Falls...worked great!) and the NEMA 14-30 (modern dryer plug) and 5-20 (regular 3-prong plug that can handle 20 amps)...have never had the opportunity to use these last two yet, but the are commonly found if you are in a pinch...

Last edited:
Awesome! That's a really good price too! You will be quite happy I am sure.
Since it is bare bones, I think I read somewhere on this forum that if you want navigation the Service center can add that alone for just a couple hundered bucks. That might be worth considering. You also might want to get some snow tires and winter wheels. Enjoy!

4. I still get full 4 year warranty from when I get it, and mileage doesn't count (I get 92,000kms), same for 8 year battery/drivetrain warranty.

That's why this is a solid deal.
Personally, I buy mostly off-lease cars that were originally bought loaded to the max so I could enjoy them without paying the initial high depreciation.
I broke that "rule" when I got my Smart ED as I wanted maximum warranty length on a new technology vehicle.

Used 2012/3 Tesla Model S85 off "lease" will be around $50K in a years time, but will be only 1 year of remaining warranty...

~$60K today for loaner S60 sounds good, and I wish you lots of happy km!

Awesome! That's a really good price too! You will be quite happy I am sure.
Since it is bare bones, I think I read somewhere on this forum that if you want navigation the Service center can add that alone for just a couple hundered bucks. That might be worth considering. You also might want to get some snow tires and winter wheels. Enjoy!

I actually mentioned that to Saad at lawrence when i was there and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Also, I thought I saw in another thread that for some reason you have to have either sound pkg or tech to do this???

So, most dryers today don't use the same Nema 14-50? And I would likely need an extension if I was using someone's dryer outlet wouldn't I?

Insurance only $13/month more than with my 2002 Altima....and that's with full replacement coverage!

(There was also a bare bones white 60 in Montreal with pano and it was new, no mileage, has new sensor suite so I would get parking sensors. But with tax and rebate it was going to be $9,464 more than this one, so I decided to stick with the cheaper one.)

Thanks guys, been stressing over this for weeks since I test drove in early January, glad I got the deal I wanted....they discounted Supercharging 10% from $2150 as well! Woohoo!

So, most dryers today don't use the same Nema 14-50? And I would likely need an extension if I was using someone's dryer outlet wouldn't I?

I think that's correct. Dryer plugs are generally 30 A, Nema 14-30. You can get a 14-30 adapter for the UMC for, I think, $50.

(There was also a bare bones white 60 in Montreal with pano and it was new, no mileage, has new sensor suite so I would get parking sensors. But with tax and rebate it was going to be $9,464 more than this one, so I decided to stick with the cheaper one.)

Parking sensors have been available for a long time - my car has them, and it was built 16 months ago. I think they required you to pay for the tech package to get them, though. My point is: if you ever decide that you want to add them, I think they can be added to your car.