Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kentucky has something in the works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

invisik

Supporting Member
Mar 13, 2014
Minneapolis
London, KY has something in the works

http://www.thetimestribune.com/news...cle_361a2104-a112-11e4-9bbb-2390b5338bdf.html

"In her Co-Director’s Report, Kim Collier mentioned work is currently going on to install a Tesla “Recharger” at their Tourist Information Center at Exit 41 of I-75. When it’s up and running, the “Supercharger” can only be used for Tesla-branded electric cars"

Could be here (not totally sure):

London-Laurel County Tourist Commission
140 Faith Assembly Church Road
London, KY 40741

Anyone have eyes on this?

-m

Last edited:
If this is true, this would be quite awesome. I could shave almost 1000 miles off of a transcontinental trip just with this one charger being operational. It'd be a tight trip to get to it from my HPWC in NC (250 miles on the shortest route) but I'm sure I could find a J1772 or something in between to make it more than possible. From this site to Dayton, OH is 218 miles which should be doable.

This would cut out the entire need to jump to the east coast first... quite awesome.

Yep. "Cutting the corner" from I-40 in North Carolina up to the mostly finished I-70 run would save us all from having to deal with the disaster that is I-95. I drove mine from Raleigh to Palo Alto and will be driving it back later this summer... between that and the I-80 cutoff from northern califonia over to Salt Lake, I'd LOVE to not have to take the long long long route!

My westbound route: Raleigh, NC to Palo Alto, CA - Google Maps

My hopeful return route: Palo Alto, CA to Raleigh, NC - Google Maps

The shortest path (ICE path): Palo Alto, CA to Raleigh, NC - Google Maps

Going to this charger from Dayton, you also would be passing by a few HPWC's in Cincinnati, if you need to top off a little bit to make the trip.

I'd actually be more concerned with getting to it from my place in NC, which is beyond max rated miles. Although probably doable with a top of at the HPWC at that restaurant in Boone, NC that I can't remember the name of off hand....

Makoto's in Boone or my 14-50 in N. Wilkesboro.

IMG_2867.jpg

Last edited:
I called the London-Laurel County Tourist Commission office and talked to a young lady there.
She said the site has been under construction for about two weeks. She said they were waiting on
delivery of some electrical equipment. Didn't know if that was utility electrical equipment ( transformer ) or Tesla electrical equipment
She had no ETA of official turn on date.

Thanks, Hanker! And welcome to the forum!!!

I called the London-Laurel County Tourist Commission office and talked to a young lady there.
She said the site has been under construction for about two weeks. She said they were waiting on
delivery of some electrical equipment. Didn't know if that was utility electrical equipment ( transformer ) or Tesla electrical equipment
She had no ETA of official turn on date.