Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right Rear Bumper/quarter panel coming loose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The seam between where the rear plastic bumper wraps around the rear of the car has started widening. Seems like the (what I assume are some sort of) "clips" are giving way.

I've certainly not run into (or been hit by) that would cause the bumper to separate from the body.

Just curious if anyone has experienced this issue.

0 (1).jpeg
0.jpeg

My car had a problem with this seam, but in a different way. The lower bumper panel stuck out from the upper body panel, there was not a smooth transition between the two panels. A trip to the Scottsdale Service Center made it better, but it still is not as smooth as on the left side. Nothing seemed to be coming apart, just mis-aligned.

It doesn't take much to bust clips on a bumper since they're made to give way in hopes of avoiding damage to the surrounding sheetmetal. My wife lightly bumped a friend's car once: no visible paint damage, busted bumper clips. I wouldn't be surprised if you got tapped while parked or something at some point. Or maybe they just weren't installed very well. Either way, should be any easy fix. Have Tesla take a look.