Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the 'rear seat' call today... Will NG rears fit carseats ok?

Got the 'rear seat' call today... Will NG rears fit carseats ok?

I've read the 17 page thread and am still somewhat undecided on whether to go with the NG rears as ordered, or fall back to the standard seats. Told the sales rep I'd make up my mind within 48 hours... Any further wisdom to impart?

In any case, I have a 10 month old and 3.5 year old. The 3.5 year old will probably fit into the jump seats soon so that's no big deal, but does anyone know whether there's any problem generally fitting car seats into the NG rear seats? That might help make the decision for me.

I'm interested in this answer as well, I have a one year old...

I can answer this. Name:  IMG_1164.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  1.61 MBName:  IMG_1165.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  1.44 MBName:  IMG_1166.JPG
Views: 545
Size:  1.58 MBName:  IMG_1167.JPG
Views: 543
Size:  1.55 MBName:  IMG_1168.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  1.54 MBName:  IMG_1169.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  1.96 MBName:  IMG_1170.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  1.87 MB
    Name:  IMG_1171.JPG
Views: 514
Size:  1.56 MB

The booster seats work just fine. The rear facing seats will work fine as well. This convertible seat that rides a little higher is against the upper headrest that kinda of moves out a little as you can see in the pic, but we tightened it down and its working just fine. The issue with the booster seat is that it can be a little difficult to buckle. Thing is that I test drove the p85+ without the next gen seats and it was equally as hard to buckle.

Edit. Sorry. The pics were corrected with the proper rotation but posting it every time it comes up sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    In any case, I have a 10 month old and 3.5 year old. The 3.5 year old will probably fit into the jump seats soon so that's no big deal, but does anyone know whether there's any problem generally fitting car seats into the NG rear seats? That might help make the decision for me.
    I have a 1.5 year old and a 4 year old and didn't anticipate something about the jump seats. My 4 year old won't sit back there by herself because she doesn't feel part of the action ("why does HE get to sit up there with you and I have to go way back there?"). At the same time, the little guy gets fired up when she's out of his sight in the back. Of course others probably have 3.5-4 year olds who are happy to get the rear view no matter what! And when both of mine are of age/size I expect that will go away to some extent. Just a consideration if you're banking on the jumpers to save the day.
    60kWh | Supercharging | Grey Metallic | Black Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech | Pano | 19" Wheels | Rear Facing Seats | VIN P15560
    Reserved: 5
    /30/13 | Finalized: 6/14 | Deliv. Button: 6/18 | Orig. Deliv. Window: 7/5-7/19 | "Refinalized": 6/21 (decided to add seats) | New Deliv. Window: 7/23 - 8/6 | DELIVERED 7/24!

Items for Sale
    On a related note, do the NextGen rear seats have LATCH for all 3 positions or just the outboard positions?
    P85D | Pearl White | 19" Cyclone | Black Recaro Seats | Carbon Fiber | Premium Interior | Black Alcantara | Pano Roof | Tech with Autopilot | Air Suspension | Subzero | UHFS | Twin Chargers | Rear Seats | Spoiler | Full Xpel | OptiCoat | Photosync 75/55/55/35
    VIN 64179 | Ordered: 10/11 | Production Start: 11/21 | Production Complete: 12/15 | Delivery: 12/17

@ Fezzik- thanks so much for the pics!!
    I've had my P85D for about 2 weeks now and have the next gen rears coming 'soon'. Your pics really helped with my decision to keep them as opposed to passing up on them

2,4 and 5 year olds... The 4 and 5 enjoy the rear facing , but will sometimes want to sit with the 2 y/o... So I'll have seats available for them as well.
    Grey P85D, Grey Rims. Black alcantara. Black seats with CF. Pano. CF spoiler. Dual charger. Rear seats. Subzero. Ordered and confirmed 10/10/14 RECONFIRMED 10/24/14. Build 11/24/14. Completed 12/19/14. Delivered 01/04/15

No problem. I just finished a 4 hour trip with the kiddos last weekend. 6,5,3,1 year old. The 6 and 5 love the jump seats and the 3 year old is mad she cant sit back there. The one year old is delegated purely to the larger 5 point harness seat.

Sundoc, where at in Ontario are you located?

Fezzik, thanks, that's really helpful. Those look like booster seats. Are the bases for the infant seats going to pose any problem as far as you can tell? My 3.5 year old sits in one of these:
    Amazon.com: Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx (Discontinued by Manufacturer): Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
    No problem. I just finished a 4 hour trip with the kiddos last weekend. 6,5,3,1 year old. The 6 and 5 love the jump seats and the 3 year old is mad she cant sit back there. The one year old is delegated purely to the larger 5 point harness seat.

Sundoc, where at in Ontario are you located?
    Awesome you went on that trip with the kids! I'm in Toronto...
    Grey P85D, Grey Rims. Black alcantara. Black seats with CF. Pano. CF spoiler. Dual charger. Rear seats. Subzero. Ordered and confirmed 10/10/14 RECONFIRMED 10/24/14. Build 11/24/14. Completed 12/19/14. Delivered 01/04/15

2014 P85D, X seq 2,318 andrewket's Avatar
    Items for Sale

Got the 'rear seat' call today... Will NG rears fit carseats ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post

The booster seats work just fine. The rear facing seats will work fine as well. This convertible seat that rides a little higher is against the upper headrest that kinda of moves out a little as you can see in the pic, but we tightened it down and its working just fine. The issue with the booster seat is that it can be a little difficult to buckle. Thing is that I test drove the p85+ without the next gen seats and it was equally as hard to buckle.

Edit. Sorry. The pics were corrected with the proper rotation but posting it every time it comes up sideways.
    I bought a 3" belt extension that solved the booster seat problem. They sell them on eBay among other places.
    P85D, red/tan, obeche matte, black headliner, all options -3rd row and @#$! heated wheel
    Model X sequence P2,318 (gave up S476)
    Sold-P85+, red/black, CF trim+spoiler, all options in 2013

Thread Information