Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All-in with Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I'm a Model S owner, Model X reservation holder, TSLA shareholder and soon to be a SolarCity Customer (waiting for permits).

By the way, if you are thinking about Solar, Tesla will give you a $1,000 check for buying/leasing a system from SolarCity. Also, SolarCity customers can get a discount on the purchase of a Tesla automobile. I guess I'll get that discount on my Model X. I don't know the amount of the discount yet but I will find-out when we order the Model X this summer or whenever the start taking orders.

I'm a Model S owner, Model X reservation holder, TSLA shareholder and soon to be a SolarCity Customer (waiting for permits).

By the way, if you are thinking about Solar, Tesla will give you a $1,000 check for buying/leasing a system from SolarCity. Also, SolarCity customers can get a discount on the purchase of a Tesla automobile. I guess I'll get that discount on my Model X. I don't know the amount of the discount yet but I will find-out when we order the Model X this summer or whenever the start taking orders.

Solar City customers receive a discount on a Tesla? Can you elaborate or post a link where it states this? This is the first time I've heard Solar City customers receive a discount on a Tesla.

I remember Lyndon mentioning something about Solar City planning to include free battery storage for every customer within 5-10 years. What type of incentive do people who own a Tesla receive for using Solar City?
Every SolarCity Customer Will Get Battery Backup Within 5-10 Years
SolarCitys CTO Peter Rive on Solar Power Plus Energy Storage : Greentech Media
http://solar.solarcity.com/promotions/tesla/

Last edited:
Soalr City customers receive a discount on a Tesla? Can you elaborate or post a link where it states this? This is the first time I've heard Solar City customers receive a discount on a Tesla.

I remember Lyndon mentioning something about Solar City planning to include free battery storage for every customer within 5-10 years. What type of incentive do people who own a Tesla receive for using Solar City?

I'm not sure. My SolarCity rep told me that I will get a discount on my Model X for being a SolarCity customer. She didn't have any details but said I should ask my Tesla salesperson about it. I will when the time comes.

I also ended up all-in. Mutual funds --> cash --> TSLA
Got Solar City for my home. Bought SpaceX license plate frame holder for my model S :biggrin:
The Solar City tent at this past years TMC meet mentioned the $1000 rebate to Tesla owners, and I asked if it was retroactive. They said they weren't sure but ask my Solar City rep. I e-mailed him and he responded that he would look into it, but haven't heard anything after (I'm thinking it's not retroactive but was worth a try).

Also, SolarCity customers can get a discount on the purchase of a Tesla automobile. I guess I'll get that discount on my Model X. I don't know the amount of the discount yet but I will find-out when we order the Model X this summer or whenever the start taking orders.
I'd like to know more about this discount, this is the response from my DS"Thank you for reaching out. I was unaware of this discounting therefore I asked my regional management and confirmed that this is indeed not the case. SolarCity will give discounting on their solar panels if you are a Model S owner however Tesla does not offer such discounts. Please let me know if you have any other questions."