Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla name drop in the State of the Union speech!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
State of the Union 2015: Full transcript - CNN.com

Since 2010, America has put more people back to work than Europe, Japan, and all advanced economies combined. Our manufacturers have added almost 800,000 new jobs. Some of our bedrock sectors, like our auto industry, are booming. But there are also millions of Americans who work in jobs that didn't even exist ten or twenty years ago -- jobs at companies like Google, and eBay, and Tesla.

Saw it too. It see it as a shot at Republicans (Romney) who called Tesla "a loser" during a debate. It came right after his comments about the strong US auto industry - an industry Romney did want to bail out - like he didn't want to give Tesla a loan (but he called them "Tester"),

Last edited:
Obama mentions Tesla in State of The Union Speech alongside Google and eBay at SOTU

'Our manufacturers have added almost 800,000 new jobs. Some of our bedrock sectors, like our auto industry, are booming. But there are also millions of Americans who work in jobs that didn't even exist ten or twenty years ago – jobs at companies like Google, and eBay, and Tesla.'

I'm not a mod here but political discussions never go well. Try and keep things in check.

Here's my policy on that:

Since this thread is about politics and Tesla I will allow some political content - relevant to Tesla. However I don't think there's a lot to discuss on this topic, and when it degenerates into partisan bickering I will move all offending posts to the Political Quarantine.

There are already a couple of posts that are borderline if not already over the edge; please don't rise to the bait. Otherwise I'll dump the whole thing. You have been warned.

Trying to take credit for jobs creation he had nothing to do with?

In some ways both parties can take credit for supporting Tesla. The Bush Administration created the ATVM loan program. It was under the Obama Administration that the loan was approved. Personally I think the Republican's could take more credit than the Democrats since they created the ATVM loan program, however they lost any ability to take credit when they lumped Tesla in with "green" programs to attack Obama during the last election. I hate seeing Tesla politicized at all since the company isn't involved in politics other than what is necessary to stay in business.

JMHO.