Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Thought: Tesla Motors should make High End Headphones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that Tesla makes quite a bit of apparel that's quite nice... I remember the comment that their apparel sells quite well on one of the earnings calls a while back. I had a CRAZY thought this weekend: Tesla should make high end headphones. I was thinking of all the "scraps" they have from aluminum, leather, plastic, and speaker materials and was like wouldn't it be awesome if they made a pair of high end headphones... they already have the sound engineering for the cars audio system why not take all of those scraps and make a set of cans! Three different lines (the Model S, 3, and X)-- for you audiophiles don't kill me but I'll use the Beats form factor for comparison.

The Model S can be the mid range line (similar to a V Moda LP2 or a Beats Mixr)
The Model X can be a high end full headphone with noise cancellation (similar to a Beats studio Pro and the high end AT)
The Model 3 can be a compact pair of folding headphones similar to the Beats Solo.

I legitimately think they can make an awesome set of headphones at almost no cost and it would be an awesome way to market the brand.