Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK - the GPS based suspention is starting to annoy me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times the last few weeks I`ve noticed that the car looks very high when i leave it outside my house. After checking the settings I\ve realized that I must have pressed Very high somewhere in my neighborhood, and missed the tiny X that stops the car from storing the setting.

So now the car rises into very high, and I don`t know where or when it happens. Maybe the car gives some sort of notification when it rises (other than in the suspention menu), but I haven`t seen it. But it`s very visible when I get out of the car and it looks like a SUV wannabe :)

I have sent an email to Tesla asking them to delete all GPS stored positions, and I hope they pass the message on to the sw team that they need to change this function so that you need to press a large "YES" button or something to save the position forever....

That said, drive around your neighborhood with the suspension screen on the main screen, you will see exactly when it switches. Click the x there.
That would be the solution if Tesla can`t delete it remotely (or tell me how to delete stored positions).

However, I`m not sure where the suspension rises (might be 500 meters away, or 2km), and driving around my neighborhood looking at the 17" screen to delete a stored position isn`t user-friendly :)

I was liking it till winters came in michigan. I've raised the car in streets where there was snow. Now it remembers that and when the roads are clean the car raises it self up in all these different places and i dont want it to do that.

Just drive faster...it won't raise if you are going too fast. :rolleyes:

In my case its mostly entering subdivisions which are not plowed and there are speed limits and in summer kids playing. I wish there was a law if you have auto suspension saved then you can drive faster lol. What i would like is a popup that is not only displayed on the suspension tab instead any screen open at the time so i can tell it to remember or not.

I don't think i would want the feature to be removed though, just enhanced.

I don't think i would want the feature to be removed though, just enhanced.
Yep. Removing is not the best option.
Yesterday evening I got a call from Teslas european service center (telephone guys) because I emailed them asking them to remove all stored GPS locations, or tell me how to do it myself.

Unfortunately there is no way of removing the stored locations at the moment, unless you drive to the exact spot and press the tiny X to delete it. My problem is that I don`t know where it is, and it`s probably several places.
With sw 6.1 (if I`m not mistaking) there will be an option for factory reset of the car, which will delete the stored positions. But that will also delete all other stored user info in the car, so it`s not really a good solution :)

I`m certain that Tesla will improve this function so that it works better. Hopefully quite soon. But the guys making sw for Tesla should have Model S as their daily driver so they know more about the product they develop sw for.

I`m certain that Tesla will improve this function so that it works better. Hopefully quite soon. But the guys making sw for Tesla should have Model S as their daily driver so they know more about the product they develop sw for.
Even if they do, the issue would just never show up in Fremont or wherever in CA they are doing the software development because we don't have snow/winter. So you really only raise the suspension for things like steep driveways and so forth (like mine) and you want that every time. I agree it needs to be thought through better for those people who have weather.

I have found it fairly easy to delete a particular setting by keeping the suspension setting screen up and hitting the little X on the notice. The "raising area range" seems to be large enough for me to be able to react to it if I know I am in a particular area that I want to change. But I agree. It would be nice to clean everything up at once. However, I have not found the geo-raising to cause any problems in my driving when passing by an area where I set it. I just ignore it. I think the best would be to be able to pull up a screen that shows the address of every location saved. Then I could select what to remove. I know. Asking a lot...

I actually love the option as I live in a rural mountain area and need to raise quite often at regular places. I guess if I lived in a more urban and flat area, I might feel differently.

The navigation systems in my previous Lexus cars had an "Avoid point" feature that worked around flaws in the navigation maps by setting GPS locations for the navigation system to avoid. This was a separate list in the nav software that could be edited, adding and deleting avoid points.

Something similar should be done with the geo-suspension settings - a list that can displayed and edited.

You don't need to touch the tiny "X" to delete the saved suspension-raising locations. Just hit the much-bigger "Normal" suspension height button. That will lower your car and delete the saved location at the same time. Two birds....

I'm more annoyed by the warning alarm I get when driving on the major street past the parking structure I sometimes use. That street is fast enough that the car puts up a message that it can't change settings due to speed.

+1. In my car, I get three quick beeps and a warning that auto suspension cannot be set. Very alarming and annoying. I don't need to be told that it can't be set...