Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling ALL Great-Lakes-Region Tesla owners!! - Details inside...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
16786_1511090742484846_5044893661877603622_n.jpg
10403091_1511091459151441_6532573246477795814_n.jpg

WHAT HAPPENED A FEW MONTHS AGO....

Tesla Motors opened a brand new store in Cleveland, Ohio -- specifically at: 5180 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124

WHY SHOULD I CARE ???
This is a HUGE facility, at 23,000 square feet it is the LARGEST in Ohio. Their service department covers everywhere from Eastern Michigan, Northern Ohio, Western PA, and Western New York. They have a LOT of turf! That means customers from as far as Ann Arbor, Buffao, Erie, Pittsburgh, Toledo.... are all coming to THIS store for service or sales.

BUT I'VE ALREADY GOT A TESLA!
Even if your awesome car never needs service, the folks still want you to visit and check out their wonderful new facility, fondle the new cars, purchase some accessories or swag, etc. Plus, I've proposed to the store manager we consider some sort of car cruise-in (car show) type event. They have access to a HUGE parking lot and tons of great food spots nearby.

HOW WOULD I GET THERE AND BACK?
Naturally, check out the official Tesla Motors web site. There is a Supercharger just 16-miles south (Macedonia), and 2-hours in most directions (East- Cranberry, West- Maumee, South- Columbus). Plus the Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY stations are both coming soon!

BUT HERE IS WHERE YOU ALL COME IN.....

Right now this idea is really still in its infancy. I'm trying to find out WHERE people live who are interested. We are looking for both CURRENT OWNERS as well as PROSPECTIVE OWNERS -- that means even those of you waiting for the Model X or Model 3 ... we want you! Events in the future will include informal evening hangouts (think munchies, drinks, conversation) -- larger scale events like car shows, cruise-ins and such -- and even exclusive events for existing owners only, that might even be off-site at restaurants, landmarks, and other fun things. All sponsored by the Cleveland store, and hopefully with kick-backs from corporate (I'll do what I can to get them on board, but the store staff has shown HIGH interest to me!)

PLEASE REPLY BACK WITH THE FOLLOWING DETAILS....
- Are you a CURRENT or PROSPECT Tesla owner
- Advise your location (City/State)
- What sort of events you'd love to see put on/hosted by the Lyndhurst (Cleveland) store

Any other ideas or thoughts please reply below. Anyone in the Cleveland area who wants to lend a hand that would be great. Obviously Tesla has their list of names of future clients, but the goal here is to create some sort of "owners club" of sorts, in the region (not just NE-Ohio)-- since there are no stores nearby other than Columbus (and again, Columbus folks are WELCOME too!!!)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll kick off the replies.......

1- Current Tesla owner (2014 S85 RWD)
2- Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Suburb of Beachwood (i'm 2.5 miles away from the Lyndhurst store)
3- See above... obviously I think a big show/cruise-in at the SC would rock! :)

1: Current Owner (2013 S60 RWD_
2: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 60.2 Miles North of Highland Park Service Center.
3: Coffee, Donuts, Bouncy House (Jokeing, but seriously! A Bouncy House would be AWESOME!) Movie and Poppy Corn. I can provide the LCD Projector if it works out that I can attend.
4: Event: Worlds Quietest Burn Out.

This is exciting! Largest in NA. I'm going to Chengdu China in 2 weeks. There, I will be visiting the WORLDS largest Tesla store ;) Muhahahaha. Of course, Photos and Video will be provided to you all :D

This is exciting! Largest in NA. I'm going to Chengdu China in 2 weeks. There, I will be visiting the WORLDS largest Tesla store ;) Muhahahaha. Of course, Photos and Video will be provided to you all :D

Just to clarify- it is largest in Ohio. And probably nearby too. But larger cities (Chicago, New York) may have larger ones. Not sure. Still it is awesome/big.

Your trip sounds fun! Take pics for sure.

I don't have final details yet, but there is going to be a small lunch gathering at the Lyndhurst (Cleveland) store / service center in a few weeks. It will be on a Sunday at noon. Looking like the 22nd will be the date. Anyone who wants free food and conversation can join.

From there the hope is to organize larger events as weather clears up and people are more willing to travel. Because, ideally, it would be great to see you folks from Columbus, Cinci, Pitt and similar come out.

Open to ideas for social gatherings. I have a lead on a new all electric indoor go kart place. Cars and coffee. Perhaps a road rally type event. Any other ideas folks?