Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like a good deal for a Bay Area buyer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello REbroker, I won't be a buyer of this car but I am curious about your comment on it being a 2012 and that making it less of a deal. Is it because of the features that came later like parking sensors and power mirrors, quality control issues (it is a low VIN)? Can you walk me through your thought process? Some of the owners have stated that the earlier models were better as Tesla was more focused on quality control and the parts were over engineered and built in order to establish a reputation initially. I don't have enough knowledge to know if being a 2012 is a good thing, bad thing or a little of each. Thanks

Bushings were changed on the sub-frame and control arms, in 1st half of '13. That one is important, to me. There are posts charting the evolution of what was on the '12s, how they improved, and what features were added (folding mirrors, parking sensors, auto-pilot, homo-erectus).

PlanB, that's your car right? I recall a thread where you had sold an S, bought a used S and we're waiting for your P85D so this one you've owned short term is up for sale. Is that correct? Kinda' cool to have a chance to own more than one. Curious about your impressions on quality, performance etc from one VIN to the next.

PlanB, that's your car right? I recall a thread where you had sold an S, bought a used S and we're waiting for your P85D so this one you've owned short term is up for sale. Is that correct? Kinda' cool to have a chance to own more than one. Curious about your impressions on quality, performance etc from one VIN to the next.

I love this car, out of all that I have owned it is by far the best. Fast and comfortable.