Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Slidell, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slidell, LA will be the next location going East from the Texas Supercharger Island. Good location at the intersection of I-10, I-12 & I-59.

I'm on the look out for the permit application...

A reliable source, who is a lurker on TMC, your info, and the "coming soon" map, all point to Slidell, LA as on the way! Mobile, AL is on the "coming soon" map and a reliable source indicate that Mobile, AL is on the way, also!

This will be great to see!!! I look forward to the results of your sleuthing.

Found a good spot. It's at the north edge of the North Shore Square Mall, there's a lot for sale that probably had a demolished building. It's very close to the on/off point for Interstate 10, it's within walking distance to a mall, restaurants, and hotels, and you can get easement onto the eastbound I-10 onramp if you really want to do an excellent job... Tesla Motors :)

Google Maps

Found a good spot. It's at the north edge of the North Shore Square Mall, there's a lot for sale that probably had a demolished building. It's very close to the on/off point for Interstate 10, it's within walking distance to a mall, restaurants, and hotels, and you can get easement onto the eastbound I-10 onramp if you really want to do an excellent job... Tesla Motors :)

Google Maps

I agree with you that would be a great location (right off I-12 BTW). However, being somewhat local I can tell you, unfortunately, that mall is on the decline (I don't understand why but all the big box stores have abandoned it).

I'm speculating the location will be here:

Screenshot 2015-01-27 07.47.20.png

Screenshot 2015-01-27 07.41.16.png

This is a brand new development called Town Center right off of I-10. http://fremauxtowncenter.com/

I'm still on the look out for permits.

Mike

Has anyone checked on permits in Slidell recently? It's the missing link from Texas to the beaches of Destin, Florida. (Not counting Baytown, TX which Tesla apparently doesn't think is necessary based on their "precise energy modeling").

Well, Slidell disappeared from the "Coming Soon" map on Tesla Motors website for about a week but it's back now.

Additionally, it shows a supercharger in Alexandria, LA in 2015 but it's not there on the 2016 map.

I'm still checking for permits in Slidell and haven't seen anything relating to a Tesla Supercharger.

Mike

Well, Slidell disappeared from the "Coming Soon" map on Tesla Motors website for about a week but it's back now.

Additionally, it shows a supercharger in Alexandria, LA in 2015 but it's not there on the 2016 map.
Well, that's a new twist. I know "Tesla giveth" but didn't expect a "taketh away." - chalk it up to proofreading needed?
Where are those two, more northern 2015 SC sites? (I'm too lazy to zoom and toggle on my phone this morning)

Rick

I agree with you that would be a great location (right off I-12 BTW). However, being somewhat local I can tell you, unfortunately, that mall is on the decline (I don't understand why but all the big box stores have abandoned it).

I'm speculating the location will be here:

View attachment 70423
View attachment 70422

This is a brand new development called Town Center right off of I-10. http://fremauxtowncenter.com/

I'm still on the look out for permits.

Mike
I have confirmation from the developer that the Slidell superchargers will be at Town Center. No word on time frame.